The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, G-MAN said:

So I’m not taking the credit for suggesting it was Greg Halford earlier today.

There was definitely someone on P&B in the last 2 weeks who suggested this.

So who is the one in the know ?

Cracking signing btw.

The lad himself said the interest only came about a few days ago. Was only confirmed as a goer yesterday and was straight up on the next flight.

2 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

He's 34 so only likely to be playing for a season or two and likely to be looked at as cover at this level. Might be that he didn't fancy playing for a lower league team having been a borderline PL player.

Or he could be shite/made of balsa wood

Looking forward to the game we play the Levein back 4:

Halford (6'4) Devlin (6'2) McKenna (6'3) Considine (6'4)

No way is Considine 6'4. I hope this halford lad is decent, I suspect he will be having played at that level. Should be an interesting sight seeing a 6'4 unit charging up the wing. 

Hi folks 

My mate and I have been working on a podcast called Talk Livi. 

We are onto our 3rd episode, first two have went down quite well. 

I’m aware most of you are probably wondering what it’s got to do with Aberdeen but thought you’d be interested to know we had Lee Miller on the show this week. 

He briefly talks about his time at Aberdeen so if you fancy giving it a listen I’ll pop the link at the bottom, the show is on iTunes and soundcloud. 

Let me know what you think. 

Cheers 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947

It really isn't a good look is it. Trouble is there's a sizable portion in Aberdeen who see nothing wrong with backing a successful businessman like that, "lets leave politics out if it" type of blokes. 

They're wrong, obviously. He should stay as far away from that dump as possible. Golf is  also fucking rubbish.

39 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Scott McKenna. eMlO2Ay.png.ed39ced99b1d4c8ad0c75cefe7e08de2.png

Well suited to Scotland's Conservative club.

I love how amongst all the tweets giving him stick for it, there's one optimistic soul with a "not leaving us anytime soon then?" :lol:

It really isn't a good look is it. Trouble is there's a sizable portion in Aberdeen who see nothing wrong with backing a successful businessman like that, "lets leave politics out if it" type of blokes. 
They're wrong, obviously. He should stay as far away from that dump as possible. Golf is  also fucking rubbish.

I believe this is known in modern idiom as bad optics.

I have no idea what the guy’s agent was thinking.

I can only assume McKenna will be joining Rangers, Airdrie or Peterhead.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Am I meant to care about this?

Your captain is promoting, and supporting, a bigoted racist moron, and you're happy with that?

Suppose its "only what he does on the pitch" that matters :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your captain is promoting, and supporting, a bigoted racist moron, and you're happy with that?

Where as your captain is whoring himself to all and sundry in the hope of a wee bit of extra coin.....

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I believe this is known in modern idiom as bad optics.

I have no idea what the guy’s agent was thinking.

I can only assume McKenna will be joining Rangers, Airdrie or Peterhead.

I worked in a golf club with bad optics before. The seals were leaky and the screws loose. Once a whole bottle of Morgan's Spiced came crashing off the wall and smashed on the floor. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's doing a token ambassador role for a golf club. Come back to me when he's walking around in a MAGA hat shouting build the wall. 

Silly in that it'll send some wet blankets into a meltdown but personally I'm not sure why I should care.

It also isn't compulsory for anyone who has ever transacted or had business with Trump, his family or his companies to be burned at the stake.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He's doing a token ambassador role for a golf club. Come back to me when he's walking around in a MAGA hat shouting build the wall. 

Silly in that it'll send some wet blankets into a meltdown but personally I'm not sure why I should care.

It also isn't compulsory for anyone who has ever transacted or had business with Trump, his family or his companies to be burned at the stake.

The golf club is owned by Trump, and named after Trump. That makes it for than "just a golf club".

McKenna has just publicly aligned himself with Trump, even if that's not what he was thinking, and will now have that association follow him around.