The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Good signing.

I see on Facebook they have announced that they will be announcing the new shirt sponsor on Monday. I thought Saltire Energy was announced months ago? Or have I completely made this up?

Nothing has ever been announced but it seems to have been an open secret for months. I assume the club cannot confirm a new sponsor until the current deal with Team Recruitment ends.

I've seen a bit of Ash Taylor. Very solid defender for Tranmere. He'll do well up here.

Never heard of this Scott Brown though if I'm honest. That's now 3 Scott Brown's in the Premiership.

Hopefully we still sign a left back eventually. Robertson isn't good enough, been a problem position for years now.

Reading between the lines, Brown is here for the No.1 jersey. He's been No.1 for Cheltenham for almost ten years so doubt he has come to Aberdeen to sit on his arse like Nicky Weaver.

Looks like a couple of promising signings there, both seem to have bags of experience. McInnes, rightly, seems to be prioritising suring up the defence which is a good move IMO. Couple more shrewd signings and that'll probably complete our business for the summer.

Lets hope Broon is good enough to have Langfield sit next season out.

Yeah because keeping 22 clean sheets is not good enough, he should concede more imo... :rolleyes:

Scott Brown has been one of the best goalkeepers in the English lower divisions for a while, now. Tall, agile, good reflexes and one of the reasons Cheltenham have done quite well in the last two or three seasons.

Along with Taylor McInnes has made two good signings there IMO. Brown won't be coming to sit on the bench either- he has been a vrtual ever-present at Cheltenham in his time there.