The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'd keep Anderson, Robson, Low and Vernon.

However not sure Robson will stay based on stories I've heard. He was set to sign a new contract a month or two ago but something happened. Hopefully it gets sorted and he signs though. If he does go, maybe we could try again for Murray Davidson?

There's also a suggestion Anderson is set to retire, wishing to go out on a high. If we could get Hector signed then a Hector-Reynolds backline would be good.

Low I'd sign for at least a year. I think if Robson plays less next season (could be more games too if we do well in Europe) then Low will see more action.

I'd also give Vernon a one year extension. I think any new striker we sign is going to be a back-up to Rooney anyway, and I'd say Vernon is a decent guy to have in that role. Able to come on and score the odd goal or hat-trick, and not someone who sulks at not being picked.

That said, I think Vernon would be perfect for someone like Hibs, and he might fancy a longer contract and the chance to be first choice striker somewhere.

Hopefully Logan stays, but we're not his first choice, he's made it clear he has no problem staying but that a move back to England is his priority. If he goes, would be good to see Craig Murray get his chance there.

Think Weaver will probably leave and we could do worse than get Jamie Macdonald in and have a genuine fight for number one.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Even if he isn't first choice no more, Vernon is decent back-up for another year. He also deserves a shot in Europe for his efforts over the years, even if coming on as a sub.

I bought my season ticket today, hurry hurry hurry next season :)

I think with some good one on one coaching Magennis could be a decent top league player for lower ranked teams. He has the physique and pace for it. So raw though. It sometimes looks like he has never seen a ball before the way he treats it after someone has passed it to him. Tell you what though, he knows how to cause defenders problems. Probably because he doesn't know what he's going to do never mind anyone else.

I know our fans would probably be raging if we signed him but I wouldn't be too upset if he was a squad player for us. Think there is a player in there somewhere.

A lot of Aberdeen fans have been saying that for three years.

He has the physical attributes undoubtedly but his game just hasn't came on enough and I'm not sure it ever will tbh.

Needs to play every week. To do that though he'd probably have to drop down a league. Another problem is his versatility. He's not outstanding upfront, on the right or at right back. Seems like a nice lad too.

Been saying that for years, doesn't seem to be getting any better though. He is a tremendous athlete but not sure he will improve as a footballer. He has all the tools, just might be better suited to another sport.

Like I said above he probably needs to play every week to develop before its too late. Shame, he looks like a proper athlete. Should chance his arm at the Commonwealth games, might have more success!

No time like the present to look to the next campaign.

Our season starts on the July 3rd and are likely to be seeded for the first round of the Europa League meaning potential trips to the likes of San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta or Wales.

Nice to be going into a new season with a Cup to defend. In the last three years Old Rangers, Kilmarnock and St.Mirren fell at the first hurdle when defending this Cup so hopefully we can make a better fist of it.

Out of contract

Anderson

Robson

Weaver

Vernon

Low

Magennis

Would you give Anderson and Robson another year? I probably would even though they may be used more sparingly next season.

Magennis, Weaver and Vernon can go. Not too sure on Nicky Low. You’d hope by his age he’d be getting more of a regular game so you only imagine McInnes doesn’t rate him so he’ll probably go as well.

Have heard Aaron Taylor-Sinclair is almost a done deal.

Hoping we bring in another Striker, another Goalkeeper, another wide player and keep hold of Logan.

Looking forward to next season.

Aberdeen FC, more famous than you since 1903 8)

Was gutted on Sunday. Since LC final celebration, I'd been telling everyone who would listen and many who wouldn't :lol: that we were going to finish second as the only side to have beaten Celtic in league (having done so twice :( and put them out Scottish) and won the cup double. Needless to say, pelters were given by a few Celtic supporting acquaintances down the pub on Sunday night.

From a season that began with nothing but hope of a top 6 (maybe 4th) finish and maybe a semi-final in one of the cups, to have gotten to the quite real possibility of achieving all the aforementioned and then ending as it did, well Roller-coaster probably sums it up closest. Having taken time to reflect, I'm content with our lot - too much too soon may have caused issues for next season - and really looking forward to next season already now.

I agree with assessment on who we should keep from the out of contract players and the other requirements, though needless to say, I'd prefer Zola & Vernon to swap contracts :) We really need 2x full-backs though and hope you're correct about ATC although I reckon Logan will be off. What I haven't seen considered so far, is the possibility someone may fancy 1 or 2 of our 'in contract players'. The prospect of loosing the like of Pawlett, Rooney, McGinn, Hayes or Flood for instance, is unnerving.

Edited by Apache Don

What have you heard regarding Robbo,I can't see him playing elsewhere he has a new house being built in Inverurie, so I reckon he's back home to stay.

He's at Aberdeen to finish his career.

If the club offer him a contract, he'll sign it.

Would love it if we got Hector and Logan in on permanent deals. Both players have enjoyed their spells with us and if we were to get them in it would go a long way to show that there is some intent from McInnes and Milne.

I'd keep Low, Robson, Ando & Vernon (assuming we can punt Zola) for next season. I think Weaver, as I've said before, has been good for Langfield but I wouldn't be disappointed if we brought Jamie Macdonald in as he's proven at this level. Going elsewhere for a keeper could be a risk.

Still need a left back, badly.

The big question for us is whether McInnes will be with us next season. I'm glad that there are plenty premier league managers either available or likely to be available soon to take the 'bigger' jobs. Keep away from Dek.....

If Aberdeen could sign Logan, Hector, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair on deals and get a Season long loan deal for Tony Watt I think they'd be doing pretty well

Agree with the 1st three but Watt not for me

Thoughts on Callum Paterson from Hearts, a younger and more talented version of Magennis!! No idea if he's off elsewhere though.

Graeme Shinnie would be a fantastic signing. Proven good player, and proven in our league. I'd be happy to pay a fee as the risk of him being a flop is much less than something like James Collins...........