The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

plays for a bang average bottom 6 team. 

Bloody hell, don’t annoy them. Did you not know that, as Stuart Cosgrove keeps reminding everyone, the Saintees finished in the top six with the average points per game scenario. Although when there wasn’t any post split fixtures, I’ve no idea why that’s such a big thing. 

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

At Aberdeen hes feeding balls through defences for Sam Cosgrove. If he gets an EPL side then he'll likely have a striker in front of him who can actually run.

Cosgrove has his shortcomings, but an inability to run isn't one of them. 

All three are v good midfielders and would probably complement each other quite nicely. Ferguson the best of the three but its unsurprising i think that. Would need a year in the championship (at least) like mcginn, but certainly could make it. 

on hayes, id take him back in a heartbeat, but im a sentimental kind of guy and i just want to see the old band back together 

On 01/06/2020 at 15:32, GTG_03 said:

He was excellent against burnley in only his 2nd or 3rd appearance for the dons and scored an overhead kick. Burnley finished 5th that year I think, he'll probably play another year at least under mcinnes but if he was to move now hes definitely good enough to play in a middling premiership team.  Hes been one of our most consistent performers and has a bit of everything.

Sorry just for clarity could you name the EPL clubs that he should be good enough to start for?

On 01/06/2020 at 15:32, GTG_03 said:

He was excellent against burnley in only his 2nd or 3rd appearance for the dons and scored an overhead kick. Burnley finished 5th that year I think, he'll probably play another year at least under mcinnes but if he was to move now hes definitely good enough to play in a middling premiership team.  Hes been one of our most consistent performers and has a bit of everything.

Burnley won 2 of their first 15 league matches that season and and eventually scraped a 15th place finish.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We should negotiate with Celtic for Ferguson just to see Barry and Derek look like someone's shat in their cornflakes.

Hahaha.

To be fair I think his dad would be fine with it. Seems to have his sensible hat on regarding his sons future.

11 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Got a little update. 

Celtic are after both Mckenna and Ferguson for a total of 4 million. Aberdeen hope to sign Hayes and Leigh.

Awful deal if true. Not too fussed over McKenna as I think he's overrated but I'm not overly keen on hayes coming back.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Hahaha.

To be fair I think his dad would be fine with it. Seems to have his sensible hat on regarding his sons future.

I quite like Derek Ferguson on Sportsound tbh, doesn’t come across as the typical staunch/bigot type that you get from his generation. He actually seems to like Scottish football at all levels too. Suppose I should include Barry in the latter as given he is one of the biggest names in our game this millennium he isn't too proud to be managing at the level he is at and just wants to coach/manage.

ETA - I think he could be a decent potential  replacement for Brown, he’s still only 20 but has decent experience and seems years ahead of himself in terms of game management which is what Scott has latterly been all about and it has prolonged his career. Can see a lower end English premier league club blowing us out the water though with a bid however.

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I quite like Derek Ferguson on Sportsound tbh, doesn’t come across as the typical staunch/bigot type that you get from his generation. He actually seems to like Scottish football at all levels too. Suppose I should include Barry in the latter as given he is one of the biggest names in our game this millennium he isn't too proud to be managing at the level he is at and just wants to coach/manage.

I met him through his SRTRC stuff and he was a lovely guy. We chatted for ages about his time at Falkirk.

11 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Got a little update. 

Celtic are after both Mckenna and Ferguson for a total of 4 million. Aberdeen hope to sign Hayes and Leigh.

🤣

£4million, that just the deposit presumably.

Sauce ?

14 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Got a little update. 

£4 million isn’t bad for McKenna

The prospect of letting Ferguson go for that as a stand alone is a laugh though :lol: 

He should have £6 million price tag on his head at least 

McKenna is still a fundamentally very good centre-back for this level. He wasn't nearly as bad last season as some people want to make out. He is probably the best defender in the league at playing against Morelos, too. 

If he is being identified as a potential replacement for Ajer at Celtic, though, I'm not so sure it would make sense - he's definitely not as good on the ball as Ajer and I'm not sure how comfortable he would be playing as high a line as Celtic usually do.