The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Bbc scotland 7pm tonight:

"Sportscene takes you back to the early 80s to bring you highlights of all the key matches during Aberdeen's domination of Scottish football under Sir Alex Ferguson."

Yas.

14 minutes ago, resk said:

Bbc scotland 7pm tonight:

"Sportscene takes you back to the early 80s to bring you highlights of all the key matches during Aberdeen's domination of Scottish football under Sir Alex Ferguson."

Yas.

Ahh , the start of the central belt glory hunters

The thing that stood out the most for me in the documentary last night is probably just how good a player Mark McGhee was.
I can only imagine how much seeing him make an arsehole of himself as a manager must have hurt the fans that watched him as a player

Although not being a Dons fan, I enjoyed that last night. It was good seeing the Glasgow Arsecheeks getting pumped on a regular basis.

Some great action I hadn't seen for years. 4 - 1 win against the dead club was a classic.

18 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

The thing that stood out the most for me in the documentary last night is probably just how good a player Mark McGhee was.
I can only imagine how much seeing him make an arsehole of himself as a manager must have hurt the fans that watched him as a player

It's a different mark mcghee. 

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

My brother in law is an Aberdeen fan, just because he grew up in that era and loved watching them. 

Glory hunting, pure and simple, although if he has continued supporting them through the Wiggy era then the glory hunting is negated and he becomes a bona fide sheep shagger.

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

Glory hunting, pure and simple, although if he has continued supporting them through the Wiggy era then the glory hunting is negated and he becomes a bona fide sheep shagger.

Yeah probably, but he's totally dyed in the wool. Loves em. 

3 hours ago, CHOW87 said:

Four Scottish Cup wins in five years is an incredible achievement when you consider that we’ve only won one in the 34 years since.

You didn't really need to post that bit...

Although it's very believable (and almost certainly true), can help but think he would have left a couple of years later anyway. 

Would have been great to have kept him for the upturn under Calderwood and European run. No left back since him has been close to his standard.

With the league season now having been called it got me thinking, what if something like this had happened in 1980. If that season had been suspended on the 23rd March we would have still had the two games at Parkhead to play and Celtic still had to go to relegation threatened Dundee where they would lose 5-1.