The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

At the moment anyway, Aberdeen showing class in that none of the non playing staff are being hit in the pocket, and no request for any government money. Makes the likes of Liverpool and Spurs look like obscene arseholes.

Been very impressed with Cormack so far. 

56 minutes ago, big al said:

Been very impressed with Cormack so far. 

Logged on to say exactly that Al.

Cormack's style of leadership very much to my liking and I feel we are in good hands these days.

Aberdeen leading the way here for other clubs to follow.

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

At the moment anyway, Aberdeen showing class in that none of the non playing staff are being hit in the pocket, and no request for any government money. Makes the likes of Liverpool and Spurs look like obscene arseholes.

We all know that you like nothing more at the Ewe Camp than a good sugar-daddying and a sook at the Celtic boaby.  This week you've been bunged another £2M AND had your chairman encouraging the SPFL to hand the Provos the title so you can jointly celebrate 9IAR.

I can see why you like Supermack so much ;)

We all know that you like nothing more at the Ewe Camp than a good sugar-daddying and a sook at the Celtic boaby.  This week you've been bunged another £2M AND had your chairman encouraging the SPFL to hand the Provos the title so you can jointly celebrate 9IAR.
I can see why you like Supermack so much [emoji6]

Don’t worry, you’ll get to go outside soon. That’ll be nice, eh.

I can see why you like Supermack so much [emoji6]

Seething

Am I doing this right?

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Raging 🤣

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Don’t worry, you’ll get to go outside soon. That’ll be nice, eh.

7 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Seething

Am I doing this right?

All fair and reasonable comments.  I'm just waiting for @kingjoeyas he's the most easily baited loon on here.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I can see why you like Supermack so much ;)

Aberdeen have put all their efforts into supporting the community in the most traumatic times since the world wars.

Meanwhile the 2 Glesga ‘giants’ squabble over football bragging rights.

49 minutes ago, big al said:

Aberdeen have put all their efforts into supporting the community

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You called?

Nothing at all substantial (of course) just checking that your fans are delighted with yesterday's bigging up of your grey and green pals.

Aberdeen: Chairman Dave Cormack on the club's community efforts amid Covid-19

Sharethis page
James Knowles is vice chair of the Aberdeen community trust, which was formed in 2014
James Knowles is vice chair of the Aberdeen community trust, which was formed in 2014

An Aberdeen scout falling seriously ill. Vulnerable season-ticket holders unable to leave home for food.

Pittodrie chairman Dave Cormack is well aware of the human impact the coronanvirus pandemic is having on the local community.

That's why he has chosen not to furlough staff as he outlined the club's efforts to help those in need.

"To put it in context of football, Paul Clark, who is our scout in Dundee, got the virus," Cormack told BBC Scotland.

"He was in intensive care and got put in an induced coma. Thank heavens he has come out of it. He is a fit guy, so that brings it home."

Aberdeen have 20 employees from the club and its charity partner - the community trust - remotely staffing a call centre which has become the hub of their outreach operations.

"We could have furloughed all these people, and claimed the £2,500 a month, but we made a decision not to because we think it's really important for us to able to respond to our community," Cormack told Sportsound.

"We are out with delivery vans taking food to people who, for example, hadn't had food for two days and can't get out their house.

"We had a gentleman who is 75, long-term season-ticket holder, who we called from the call centre. He's at home on his own, no family in Aberdeen and no way of getting out to get food.

"So there is a tremendous need and demand in Aberdeen. That, to us, is more important than furloughing."

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

^^^fair fucks

I just can’t get my head round why clubs like Spurs and Liverpool, I’m sure that there’s more, who take in obscene amounts of money, and pay out in players salaries obscene amounts of money, can furlough their lower paid club staff and think nothing of it.

Guest Moomintroll
I just can’t get my head round why clubs like Spurs and Liverpool, I’m sure that there’s more, who take in obscene amounts of money, and pay out in players salaries obscene amounts of money, can furlough their lower paid club staff and think nothing of it.
It is because the people in charge are amoral scum.

If you have a spare £1.55, all funds go to Aberdeen For All, and you fondly remember Eoin Jess, Footballer, you must listen to the interview with him on the “Here We Go” podcast. It is simply brilliant. The man is an absolute legend in so many ways, telling Rangers to stuff their signing on offer and ensuring that Aberdeen got a fee when he left the club the first time, particular highlights. His Paul Gascoigne and Terry Hurlock stories are also up there. He is humble, modest and a gentleman. The best £1.55 that I have ever spent.

If you have a spare £1.55, all funds go to Aberdeen For All, and you fondly remember Eoin Jess, Footballer, you must listen to the interview with him on the “Here We Go” podcast. It is simply brilliant. The man is an absolute legend in so many ways, telling Rangers to stuff their signing on offer and ensuring that Aberdeen got a fee when he left the club the first time, particular highlights. His Paul Gascoigne and Terry Hurlock stories are also up there. He is humble, modest and a gentleman. The best £1.55 that I have ever spent.

Where did you see this? I haven’t had anything on my podcast app since March 1st.

Can you post a link please?

30 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Where did you see this? I haven’t had anything on my podcast app since March 1st.

Can you post a link please?

I’m not very good at things like that, but this is what you need to type into your browser (if that’s the right word)

www.patreon.com/posts/Eoin-Jess-35613719.

if that doesn’t work, go into the “Here We Go” Facebook page and it’s all in there. Good luck.

It’s probably not on the podcast app because it has to be paid for. It looks like this is going to be a regular thing  over the next few weeks.

Edited by kingjoey