The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I think that this is a really good move  by Aberdeen, so long as they keep the option to open the Upper RDS as a possibility. We have only had one crowd bigger than the capacity with the Upper RDS this season, Hearts at home. Regardless of the Red Shed initiative, the atmosphere will/should improve with everyone on the lower levels of the ground.  We've already had Steven Thompson (who I like) and Neil McCann (worthless as a pundit) ridiculing the move on Sportsound, and coming out with the statement "what is the point of building a new stadium with a 20,000 capacity when they've had to cut the capacity of the existing ground to under 16,000." Well, you would hope that if the football and results improve more people will turn up to the bigger matches. 

Just had a look at the season St Mirren moved from Love Street to the new ground.  For a lot of games at Love Street they were struggling to get much above 4,000.  Looking at the following season attendance seem to remain about the same.  Yet St Mirren built a stadium with a capacity of over 8000.  Surely a stadium of around 4,500 to 5000 would have suited them better based on the logic of Steven Thompson and Neil McCann?

Just now, kingjoey said:

Not being “whooshed”. I don’t understand the sentence in your previous text.

Not sure what you're missing Joey?

I'm stating that the club had a press conference today and as part of it Cormack explained why they are closing the upper deck. Thomson and McCann have likely steamed in to criticise without looking at the facts behind the decision.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm stating that the club had a press conference today and as part of it Cormack explained why they are closing the upper deck. Thomson and McCann have likely steamed in to criticise without looking at the facts behind the decision.

NOW I understand, I’m getting old. I couldn’t work out who the “either” referred to in your original text. I apologise for my stupidity.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

They've also completely missed the point about the new stadium. It wasn't to increase seating capacity. It's to increase earning capacity and reduce costs. Whether it will or not remains to be seen but it is quite obvious that crowd numbers aren't the driving factor. 

Their qualifications to talk about these things on telly are that they are recognisable and don't say "erm" too much. I think expecting understanding and insight is unrealistic. 

13 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I feel £330 for an adult is far too high considering it is the worst view in the stadium and possesses the worst facilities.

Even the prices for the younger demographic of people is too high. 

Fair enough, it’s a poor viewpoint. 
my season ticket is in S, next to the fence. The boys around me are moving behind the goals but I’m reluctant as I like the view and we are shoved behind a goal most away games so it’s good to be near the halfway line sometimes and see the whole game properly.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

We've already had Steven Thompson (who I like) and Neil McCann (worthless as a pundit) ridiculing the move on Sportsound, and coming out with the statement "what is the point of building a new stadium with a 20,000 capacity when they've had to cut the capacity of the existing ground to under 16,000." 

Thompson is usually bearable enough and a decent foil for Michael Stewart, but I heard him last night and this was lazy stuff.

He did mention liking the upper erection when he played - so maybe you need to regularly get along to Pittodrie in order to understand why this makes sense.

Cormack is all about trying to create a demand.  Many of our fans can be a bit fickle in what they bother turning up at, and an element of FOMO wouldn't be a bad thing, as it simply never exists with the current capacity.

15 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Thompson is usually bearable enough and a decent foil for Michael Stewart, but I heard him last night and this was lazy stuff.

He did mention liking the upper erection when he played - so maybe you need to regularly get along to Pittodrie in order to understand why this makes sense.

Cormack is all about trying to create a demand.  Many of our fans can be a bit fickle in what they bother turning up at, and an element of FOMO wouldn't be a bad thing, as it simply never exists with the current capacity.

That's exactly what Cormack is doing.

Also I'm convinced the 'fifth best supported club in Scotland' comment is purposefully designed to wind folk up, to get Hibs/Hearts fans piling in on social media to try and annoy people into going Pittodrie.

At the end of the day, we still have a 21k seater stadium, if the demand exists we will use it. I have no issue with this.

Was happy to hear the plans for the young children in attendance next season. The RDL concourse to be used for kids activities etc pre-match to give the kids a bigger reason to go. Children from all stands can attend and then use the track to get to their seats before the game starts.

Also looking to trial a fanzone at the cricket pitch where they will have beer and live music.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Also looking to trial a fanzone at the cricket pitch where they will have beer and live music.

@jamamafegan

if this succeeds for Aberdeen, some proof for you to use it could work for Saints.