The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

After that Killie game I'm genuinely wondering whether Hedges will be here next season. Thought he would me one of our most influential player and we must be paying him a considerable wage.
Very confused as to what has happened since the start of the season that has seen him move to our 4th choice winger.

Not producing the goods simply put. I really had high hopes for him in the first six weeks of the season but he has fizzled out badly. Might need another pre season but truthfully McLennan and Kennedy both deserve to be comfortably ahead of Hedges in the pecking order as things stand

On 04/03/2020 at 18:46, @footballCFB said:

Thank you so much for both parts of the interview with Joe. Over two hours of great stuff. I was almost in tears at times.

There’s also a lovely wee interview with Joe in the half time slot of the Kilmarnock v Aberdeen match on BBC Alba on Wednesday night.

30 minutes ago, starryfish said:

4 wins in 16 league matches, half our league points have came v Ross County, Livingston and Hamilton, in 10 matches v the rest of the top 6 we have 6 points

I think all of the teams fighting for 3rd are lucky in the respect that none of us appear to have had that great a season looking at points totals. You could argue Livi maybe are ahead of where they'd like to have been.

Under McInnes you're hardly playing football that's easy on the eye.

With the budget and the players you have you should be more than capable of producing something better.

I could see the point if this 'anti football' was winning trophies, but it's not.

Currently you are behaving like a team of thugs, but I'm sure that's only because that's how you have been coached.

Aberdeen FC should be capable of so much more than they're doing, and IMO, McInnes has had his day and should be dumped ASAP.

Apart from being a total bawbag of an individual. he's really not that good a manager.

I've always had a soft spot for the club and was in Sweden with friends to witness their greatest hour (and a half), I've even got the sign from Goteborg railway station to prove it, (it fell off, honest).

My hope for the future is that McInnes gets punted and you mount a serious challenge to Septic, oh, and you let us win occasionally at Rugby Park.

Amen.

4 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

With the budget and the players you have you should be more than capable of producing something better.

I could see the point if this 'anti football' was winning trophies, but it's not.

Currently you are behaving like a team of thugs, but I'm sure that's only because that's how you have been coached.

Aberdeen FC should be capable of so much more than they're doing, and IMO, McInnes has had his day and should be dumped ASAP.

Apart from being a total bawbag of an individual. he's really not that good a manager.

I've always had a soft spot for the club and was in Sweden with friends to witness their greatest hour (and a half), I've even got the sign from Goteborg railway station to prove it, (it fell off, honest).

My hope for the future is that McInnes gets punted and you mount a serious challenge to Septic, oh, and you let us win occasionally at Rugby Park.

Amen.

I liked the other version of this better. This cover version is shite. 

11 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Amen.

Apart from ‘team of thugs’ I don’t disagree with much of this

I have a feeling there will be some Mutual Consent arrangements at the end of the season, especially if we finish below 3rd

Unless we win the Cup

Which we won’t 

I thought the midfield three were excellent on Saturday. McGeouchs best game so far. Hopefully getting benched and Campbell playing well in his place was a kick up the arse from him. Wasn't nearly as slow on the ball as he had been prior to this game.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I thought the midfield three were excellent on Saturday. McGeouchs best game so far. Hopefully getting benched and Campbell playing well in his place was a kick up the arse from him. Wasn't nearly as slow on the ball as he had been prior to this game.

Mcgeouch certainly had a lot more urgency about him. He has to play with a tempo and determination to probe and hurt teams. Until Saturday he was fair too laid back in the games. He is actually a decent tackler, again something he needs to show more. 

58 minutes ago, big al said:

Mcgeouch certainly had a lot more urgency about him. He has to play with a tempo and determination to probe and hurt teams. Until Saturday he was fair too laid back in the games. He is actually a decent tackler, again something he needs to show more. 

Loved the tackle he made that led to the second yellow incident............much more like it from him.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Yeah. He was very impressive. His jersey to lose now.

Guest Bob Mahelp
28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

This is brilliant stuff. 

I would have an add on, where each primary school kid was allowed to take along one piece of Old Firm shit that their old man/big brother/random jakie had, and burn it ceremonially in the Pittodrie car park in front of 200 cheering mates.

AFC can provide the petrol. What kid doesn't like to play with fire ? 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That 'Sign for the Dons' idea is really good.

Yeah. It's really just a token throwaway gesture but I'd have been delighted getting to do that as a loon.

The club phoned me yesterday to ask if I was aware the Red Shed is moving to the Merkland Stand next season. We're not going to renew our season ticket in there but they'll do everything they can to make sure we get a seat in another stand and at the current Merkland rates. It sounds minimal but it's night and day compared to the level of customer service you used to get.

Very clever.

It's essentially what the church has been doing with baptisms for hundreds of years, and it seems to work extremely well.  Get them in early and if they're half tempted to glory-hunt with Celtic*, then that certificate in their bedroom might be enough to put them off the idea.

* well, it's not to be Rangers, is it. 

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This is brilliant stuff. 

I would have an add on, where each primary school kid was allowed to take along one piece of Old Firm shit that their old man/big brother/random jakie had, and burn it ceremonially in the Pittodrie car park in front of 200 cheering mates.

AFC can provide the petrol. What kid doesn't like to play with fire? 

Got to be red diesel, which would save money and use club colours.  Quintessentially Aberdonian.