The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 hours ago, Kyle said:

May has come back to us a better all round player than the one that left us, and he’s finally looking like the player who left us in front of goal too. The Aberdeen-St Johnstone link has been a fruitful one for both clubs this season with Kennedy seemingly doing well the other way as well. 

Since it’s our turn next, fancy giving us a wee shot of McLennan? 

We need to try Kennedy on the right. He's double up most games and the cut back to the right foot is too obvious. If we try him on the right then he has the option of the early cross.

McLennan is a strange one. I like him but I'd be happy to see him get a chance on loan to another Premier league team. Not quite got the consistency that Del demands from a younger player.

We need to try Kennedy on the right. He's double up most games and the cut back to the right foot is too obvious. If we try him on the right then he has the option of the early cross.
McLennan is a strange one. I like him but I'd be happy to see him get a chance on loan to another Premier league team. Not quite got the consistency that Del demands from a younger player.

He’s not nearly as effective on the right wing I’m afraid. He’s a left winger or behind the striker, largely ineffective off the right wing in his time with us and began to get frustrating seeing him there with how effective he can be elsewhere.

But yeah he’s played enough in this league now for every manager to know his favoured move is cut in and whip the ball to the back post. Easy enough to stop in principal.

Just now, Irrational Behaviour said:

McLennan isn't a winger. Shoehorned into that position by McInnes. 

Was thinking that earlier. I'm sure most of the clips I saw of him in the young team or at Brechin he was playing up front.

Given Mcinnes' aversion to playing two strikers up front and particularly two non target men types I think the chances of seeing him play there are very slim.

5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Jon Gallagher playing for the reserves again.

Some fall from grace that. At one point he was shoe horned in wherever we could fit him. Now he doesn't even get on the bench.

Are you sure that wasn't Mark Gallagher?

Part of me now wonders if there was something in Jon Gallagher's first loan contract that necessitated a certain amount of minutes/appearances (probably not, but the sudden fall from a regular starting XI slot to completely out of the picture has been a bit strange). 

5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Jon Gallagher playing for the reserves again.

Some fall from grace that. At one point he was shoe horned in wherever we could fit him. Now he doesn't even get on the bench.

Just reading the match report and think it was the young Gallagher we signed from County rather than Jon. Looks like it was a pretty young side put out. 1-0 win with Ruth scoring again.

Edited by Rodhull