The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Certainly not. I just thought it was strange that he would be heading away from the stadium fairly near to kick off after not being in the players stripped for the game. I hope that I’m adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

Alright Keith Jackson ;)

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Possibly the worst accusation I have heard on here. Have a word with yourself. Reported.

You are right.

Given Joey has always made it clear he is of an age that he has one foot in the grave I will revise my post to 'Alright Chick Young'.

59 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea why Mikey Devlin wasn’t in the team or a sub yesterday, but as I was turning the corner from Merkland Road east into Merkland Lane at about 11.15 yesterday, he was going in the opposite direction in full AFC tracksuit and speaking on his mobile. No idea if there is something to be read into it or not. He may have been injured, but it didn’t look like it.

There was suggestion that he had fallen out with McInnes and that was why he was dropped. Was played when Taylor was injured and then straight back out of the team as soon as Taylor was fit enough to return.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

There was suggestion that he had fallen out with McInnes and that was why he was dropped. Was played when Taylor was injured and then straight back out of the team as soon as Taylor was fit enough to return.

That’s what I’m worried about. I know that he had a bad spell, but thought that he’s played well when coming in for Ash Taylor, and I expected him to start yesterday regardless of whether Taylor was fit or not. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: Sorry, an unprovoked attack.

It's an interesting one with Devlin, I can see his career with us fizzling out though, which is a shame.

Big Ash has impressed me though.

Ash has certainly not let us down since coming back. I’ve always liked him, but don’t want to lose Devlin who won’t be happy if he wasn’t injured yesterday.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

That’s what I’m worried about. I know that he had a bad spell, but thought that he’s played well when coming in for Ash Taylor, and I expected him to start yesterday regardless of whether Taylor was fit or not. 

My post should have stated the fallout was previous. Then he was brought back in to the team.

Taylor has been far more convincing this season. Wasn't a surprise to me to see him back. Disappointed if Devlin has thrown a hissy fit.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Certainly not. I just thought it was strange that he would be heading away from the stadium fairly near to kick off after not being in the players stripped for the game. I hope that I’m adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

Why didn’t you just pull up next to him, wind the window down and ask him?

Unless you are saying he was driving his car and talking on his phone at the same time?

38 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Unless you are saying he was driving his car and talking on his phone at the same time?

It's bad enough approaching footballers in public. Never mind whilst their on their phone.

I'd assume you weren't entirely serious with that post though.

46 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I was walking. He was walking with his phone to his ear. Have you ever been to Merkland Lane?

On Devlin, no idea about yesterday but apparently he had a falling out with McInnes after his Scotland debut due to coming back with a "billy big baas" attitude. As we all know, DM has no time of day for that type of attitude and that led to a falling out and Devlin not really being seen for weeks after his f**k up at McDiarmid Park. Let's hope there's not been another falling out