The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

IMO you are going to finish 3th. the last day st johnstone only shot one time and was goal (where were the CBs?)
after that too many chances.
I suppose at the end of the season mcInness is going to go out, he has stayed too many years in the same place, and sometimes a change is good for 2 parts, but, do you think with other manager you can finish above 3th? do you remember the years before McInnes?
Nah, personally I reckon Well will finish 3th and we will finish 4rd.

7 hours ago, McGarci said:

IMO you are going to finish 3th. the last day st johnstone only shot one time and was goal (where were the CBs?)

after that too many chances.

I suppose at the end of the season mcInness is going to go out, he has stayed too many years in the same place, and sometimes a change is good for 2 parts, but, do you think with other manager you can finish above 3th? do you remember the years before McInnes?

We didn't even finish third last season and looks far than likely at the moment for this season.

I'm losing my patience with Mcinnes now. We can't score goals from open play so the team/formation needs changed. How can he not see this? 

Drop Cosgrove as he's been honking the last 4/5 games. Give Lewis Ferguson a rest as the negative football seems to be making him regress as a footballer.

4 4 2 with Anderson and McGinn up front, keep Campbell and Ojo in the centre and watch the goals fly in....

It's worth a try anyway, what a the worst that can happen? we won't score? 

On 28/01/2020 at 15:22, Dele said:

There's Aberdeen fans who wouldn't be happy with £2m for Cosgrove? 

Nae ony mare I widna think 🙄

Of course the happy clappers can suggest It may be just a temporary loss of form, but without goals his general fucking donkey- like uselessness is thrown into sharp relief

My preferred resolution is that McInnes stays and the results and performances improve under his management, but I have been steadily losing faith this season. I'm also not too keen on mid-season sackings, unless you are in pretty dire circumstances (Hearts with Levein, for example) or there is an obviously better candidate ready and waiting in the wings - if it is to be done, I'd prefer it to be at the end of the season. 

Maybe I'm too soft, but the "get to f**k" chants just don't sit right with me. Then again, if there is going to be anything that makes me more sympathetic to him, it's probably nonsense like that - he has flaws and makes decisions I disagree with, and I'm not happy with this season, but he has done nowhere near enough to warrant that sort of stuff. 

Edited by DrewDon

McInnes and the Dons very much going through a spell like he and his Saints team did in early 2011: 12 games and Saints players scored a grand total of zero goals. 

Expectations are obviously higher at Pittodrie but he rebuilt his team that summer and very much set the foundations for our first top six finish, despite leaving in October. 

He emptied pretty much all our attacking options and brought in new ones, with Fran Sandaza in particular being hugely successful. 

He's going to need to reinvent things this summer, if he manages to get to that point. 

13 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

Nae ony mare I widna think 🙄

Of course the happy clappers can suggest It may be just a temporary loss of form, but without goals his general fucking donkey- like uselessness is thrown into sharp relief

Dearie me, “happy clappers”. Just use that term for anyone that disagrees with you.

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

My preferred resolution is that McInnes stays and the results and performances improve under his management, but I have been steadily losing faith this season. I'm also not too keen on mid-season sackings, unless you are in pretty dire circumstances (Hearts with Levein, for example) or there is an obviously better candidate ready and waiting in the wings - if it is to be done, I'd prefer it to be at the end of the season. 

Maybe I'm too soft, but the "get to f**k" chants just don't sit right with me. Then again, if there is going to be anything that makes me more sympathetic to him, it's probably nonsense like that - he has flaws and makes decisions I disagree with, and I'm not happy with this season, but he has done nowhere near enough to warrant that sort of stuff. 

The voice of reason. Excellent post DrewDon, but you do realise that in many eyes you are now defined as a happy clapper.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Dearie me, “happy clappers”. Just use that term for anyone that disagrees with you.

Dinna spik shite ye bubblin' mess

A Happy Clapper is the fan who toes the 'party line' without question, who says idiotic nonsense like "remember Mark McGhee" as if finishing 2nd in 2016 justifies McInnes keeping his job ad infinitum, who supports the move to Kingsford without asking why it has come to this, who buys into the revisionism of Wiggy's tenure...

A Happy Clapper is the fan who toes the 'party line' without question, who says idiotic nonsense like "remember Mark McGhee" as if finishing 2nd in 2016 justifies McInnes keeping his job ad infinitum, who supports the move to Kingsford without asking why it has come to this, who buys into the revisionism of Wiggy's tenure...

You’re understandably angry about our current situation but don’t make an enemy out of those who aren’t as raging as you.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Oh f*ck me, don't turn this place into the Northern Light Facebook group. 

Happy clappers is a perfectly valid term for members of our fanbase. 

14 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Let's not pretend that "happy clappers" is only used to describe those fans who meet that rather narrow criteria. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re understandably angry about our current situation but don’t make an enemy out of those who aren’t as raging as you.

McInnes is not the main target of my 'raging' and I've been raging for a decade or more (with a brief respite between 2014 - 2017) and really I should have been raging for even longer but it takes time to see what's actually happening consistently, rather than a blip

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Let's not pretend that "happy clappers" is only used to describe those fans who meet that rather narrow criteria. 

You're telling me what I think now? I can't speak for others but that 'narrow criteria' fits my definition perfectly.