The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Had a look through some Stabaek forum, via translator.  They seemed shocked Henandez has come to Scotland & more shocked it was not one of the sisters. I get the feeling they think they are bigger than Aberdeen. They also seem to think our league is full of knuckle draggers, can't imagine where they get that idea from. They rate him highly & it seems obvious they are pissed about him going. A few have quoted silly figures, some have quoted the 2 million mark, and other have gone around the 400k mark, probably based on that transfermarket website. Personally i would be quite shocked if we are splashing 400k in Jan. But seems like a very positive signing.

15 minutes ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Had a look through some Stabaek forum, via translator.  They seemed shocked Henandez has come to Scotland & more shocked it was not one of the sisters. I get the feeling they think they are bigger than Aberdeen. They also seem to think our league is full of knuckle draggers, can't imagine where they get that idea from. They rate him highly & it seems obvious they are pissed about him going. A few have quoted silly figures, some have quoted the 2 million mark, and other have gone around the 400k mark, probably based on that transfermarket website. Personally i would be quite shocked if we are splashing 400k in Jan. But seems like a very positive signing.

Sounds positive. £400k would surprise me too. The length of deal is more intriguing.

I really want him to be good/great or at the very least not shite,  but that video is  not exactly filling me with confidence.  If that's supposed to be his highlights.

Seems to be decent defensively, at least positionally and willing to get stuck in. Likes a run forward and looks to have great pace,  but his crossing (purely on the video evidence) is dire.    He's going to fit right in!

Excited by this Hernandez chap.

This is the general consensus on him according to the Stabaek FC fans. Apologies in advance for the formatting below:

"I join the list of "Have great faith in Hernendez, but think it lacks some development". On the one hand, we have seen time and again that players seem to have stopped, and then suddenly jumped up one level (Granli and Hanche are two examples from our own defense.) With that, I hope Hernandez is next. He undoubtedly has the potential, and starts at a high level before possibly jumping on. On the other hand, he has not been good since last spring. Hanche has been impressive as a back, and the thought of Ness sitting on the bench at the bottom and would fit perfectly with Yaw ..."

"As others have pointed out - Ronald was very good this spring, one of our very best players over a long period of time. So progression has been, then you can wonder why it now seems to be a step or two back. The same discussion we had about Ola a few weeks ago, but now he has found the form. Hope and think the same thing happens with Ronald. However, it is wrong to say that "Ronald has potential, but has stagnated before he has demonstrated its potential"."

"The boy is only 21 years old, here we must allow ourselves to be more patient! As many people here, it's not exactly the case that players like Hanche, Granli, Vetlesen, Bohinen and Brynhildsen have had a straight curve in terms of development. And I'm glad we had Hernandez on the right back yesterday when Demidov was injured, although now I would rather see Hanche there with Demidov in the middle. Doubt that Hanche would also have taken the steps he has taken had it not been for a Hernandez breathing. So it looked quite a luxury to have backup. If there is a good offer for him this winter it is perfectly ok to sell, but do not let this boy go for free. Then it is better to extend. If we get a middle stopper and left back this winter, I would say the defense looks good. We need competition and double coverage on the left, and right now we have nice coverage on the right with soaring potential!"

"Hernandez has a lot of football in it. We must remember that he has just turned 22, so he is at an age where it is still expected that he varies a lot. Well before the summer, more variable now in the fall. Although I am most comfortable with Hernandez on the field when playing edge. But I still think he can establish himself as a quality back. Patience guys!"
Edited by Vancouver_Don

1 hour ago, akredz said:

I really want him to be good/great or at the very least not shite,  but that video is  not exactly filling me with confidence.  If that's supposed to be his highlights.

Seems to be decent defensively, at least positionally and willing to get stuck in. Likes a run forward and looks to have great pace,  but his crossing (purely on the video evidence) is dire.    He's going to fit right in!

Do you realise he's playing in the u20s World Cup Final? Against Germany...

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Sounds positive. £400k would surprise me too. The length of deal is more intriguing.

My thoughts on the length of contract, coupled with what appears to be a substantial fee paid, by our standards, is that we’re probably looking for a good two and a half years out of him and then sell him for decent money as he would still have two years in his contract left. Prudent planning in my book, if it works.

My thoughts on the length of contract, coupled with what appears to be a substantial fee paid, by our standards, is that we’re probably looking for a good two and a half years out of him and then sell him for decent money as he would still have two years in his contract left. Prudent planning in my book, if it works.

You’d like to think that the investment coupled with the length of contract means we’re pretty confident that this is someone we expect to receive a significant fee for in the future.

Like you, I very much doubt we’ll be seeing 4.5 years of Ronald.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’d like to think that the investment coupled with the length of contract means we’re pretty confident that this is someone we expect to receive a significant fee for in the future.

Like you, I very much doubt we’ll be seeing 4.5 years of Ronald.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Sounds very much like the business model that The **** have been using for the past few years and seems to work very well for them.

Agree that we're unlikely to see much more than a couple of years of him in an Aberdeen shirt.

All of course assuming that he turns out to be any good ;)