The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Im surprised any Aberdeen fan would take 2 million for Cosgrove. If you compare him to Aberdeens other main asset (McKenna) one has been getting better and better whilst the other has regressed, both are the same age. Personally I would argue Cosgrove is worth more than McKenna right now.

Selling Cosgrove without replacing him this week would kill what's left of this season. I'd have gone for it if Boyce was coming in to replace.

If he can command a good fee in the Summer then fair enough. I have a feeling a lot of our style of play revolves around big Sam. 

I can see them accepting a decent offer as long as they get 24 hours to bring someone random in on loan.

What they determine as a decent offer I'm not sure. I'd imagine they probably regret turning down some of the McKenna bids as we don't look like getting that kind of money offered again.

5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

One of the most often repeated pieces of revisionist claptrap when it comes to AFC (along with toaster affordability, and Brockville saving us from automatic relegation) is around the sacking of Alex Smith.

John McMaster has fallen into the trap in a downmarket tabloid today.

Alex Smith working alongside Jocky Scott gave us some great entertaining football, astute signings and a couple of bits of silverware.

Once Jocky Scott departed following THAT league decider, Alex Smith proved so far out of his depth that his eventual sacking the following February put him and everyone who sat through that season out of their misery.   Willie Miller radically improved us for a couple of seasons, giving us a free scoring direct side, before other reasons (related to ambition and boldness) led to his demise.

Alex Smith on his own was NOT a good manager, and fully deserved to be emptied - and McInnes is nowhere near as bad as that (yet).

If Smith was as good a manager as all the pundits and other experts who condemned AFC for sacking him made him out to be ....how come he never got a sniff of a manager’s gig at any of the other sizeable clubs in Scotland until a struggling Dundee United appointed him over  8 years later ?

Edited by A96

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Poor even by your sub zero standards.

Was a genuine suggestion, Anderson has always been rated by those statto types as one of the most promising young strikers in the Country. At worst you're ending this season 4th, so I dont see any harm in seeing how he would develop.

Edited by RandomGuy.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was a genuine suggestion, Anderson has always been rated by those statto types as one of the most promising young strikers in the Country. At worst you're ending this season 4th, so I dont see any harm in seeing how he would develop.

McInnes would just sign some 6 foot odd 19 year old on loan from down south and have the defenders lash the ball up to him instead.

Just now, DrewDon said:

The ultimate kiss of death if the xG bedroom-dwellers rate him. Shame. 

The same group who told Partick fans they were making a huge mistake releasing Kevin Nisbet...

Just now, GTG_03 said:

Or install Curtis Main as our main striker. 

<Shudders>

Haha that was my Initial draft post but I changed it as the thought seemed to be too horrific to last for the rest of the season.

I  see Scott Burns has said someone he spoke to at Carlisle said they had a clause for Cosgrove so somebodies telling porkies.

23 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Okay, cheers Derek.

Also, get to f*ck 

Sorry sweetie.

Joking aside McInnes does not trust any of those players. He'll bring in a replacement if Cosgrove is sold.

Ferguson is a random option if Bryson returns to his former self