The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, d31 said:

Is Virtanen playing all the games as a defensive midfielder?

Very encouraging to hear he is developing well. I have my doubts as to whether he will get any chance at AFC. He has 18 months on his contract though.

He is yes but there's much more to him than that, he has a bit of everything.

Jonny Hayes, Greg Stewart, Curtis Main and Matty Kennedy have all been really impressive against us and looked like they could improve the team. Hopefully Kennedy is more on the Hayes end but fear he'll go the same way as Stewart and be asked to play in a way that doesn't really suit.

Matty kennedy is going to be a fantastic signing for us.

Mark Gallagher is one to be ultra excited about. He'll go on to big big things. He'll play alongside Lewis Ferguson in the Scotland side one day. McInnes has done well here. Seen him play at youth level and he is an absolute stand out.

Edited by Vancouver_Don

4 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Mark Gallagher is one to be ultra excited about. He'll go on to big big things. He'll play alongside Lewis Ferguson in the Scotland side one day. McInnes has done well here. Seen him play at youth level and he is an absolute stand out.

^^^
Morning Mark’s Da

5 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Two positive points in one post? No negativity 

It's hard to believe you're an Aberdeen fan. 

10 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Jonny Hayes, Greg Stewart, Curtis Main and Matty Kennedy have all been really impressive against us and looked like they could improve the team. Hopefully Kennedy is more on the Hayes end but fear he'll go the same way as Stewart and be asked to play in a way that doesn't really suit.

From what I have seen of him, he's more of a Hayes than McGinn. Quick and direct and likes to get an early cross or shot in. We could do with that. 

Hedges, McGinn, GMS, Wright, MacLennan and even Greg Stewart have all been a bit too similar. We've missed Hayes.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Let’s not forget Greg Stewart is a self absorbed *** c**t. Seems grossly unfair to start suggesting Kennedy will go the same way.

Seems a different type of player and Stewart’s failings were plenty down to his character.

I'm strictly speaking about play style. All of the players I listed like to take a man on then sometimes have the tendency to double back on themselves and try to beat him again.

Hayes was a knock it past you and then shoot or cross type player.

From what I have seen of him, he's more of a Hayes than McGinn. Quick and direct and likes to get an early cross or shot in. We could do with that. 
Hedges, McGinn, GMS, Wright, MacLennan and even Greg Stewart have all been a bit too similar. We've missed Hayes.

Nah he’s more like McGinn. He’s not the quickest and prefers playing off the left so he can cut inside and cross deep or shoot. He’s not slow right enough and is probably more skilful than Hayes, so does hit the byline, but don’t expect him to carry the ball 60/70 yards up the pitch in one go.

For what it’s worth I think he’ll do fine at Aberdeen, played every week he’s good for 5/6 goals a season and that in assists as well. The one player this will benefit is Cosgrove if you keep him, Matty’s crossing is generally very good and in the right areas, so I’d expect him to find Cosgroves head a lot.