The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, coprolite said:

What do folk think of Milne's time in charge overall. 

I think he's made mistakes as he's been learning the football business on the job. 

He seems to have modernised the club. My recollection is he came in when Donald Jr had just about run us into the ground and started reining in spending. I know he had a role before taking the top job, so was partly responsible for the state we were in. 

We could have gone the way of Dundee of Motherwell, or even cheated then died like other clubs. It was shite for 15 years and now it's better. Could have done with a Scottish Cup and we could have challenged Delias Celtic more. 

On balance, it's a pass mark from me. 

He's a good dandy and his heart has always been in the right place. 

He's made mistakes.....we had such a chance to win the league by taking a small risk in investment when Celtic were floundering under Delia......but in general he stabilised the club in difficult financial times, and has developed a great relationship with our best manager since Fergie. 

A couple of Scottish cups would have been nice under Milne, but it wasn't to be. Overall though, a pass mark from me as well. 

10 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If Cormack comes in and redevelops Pittodrie, then I'm all for it.

I think the goalposts have moved here because I'd imagine he could magic up the money to do it, if he wanted to.

However, he's spent near 20 years in America, he's seen how well the Yanks do sport at first hand for a long time, Kingsford is exactly the type of thing Cormack would be trying to do if it hadn't already been done. I don't think there's any chance of Pittodrie redevelopment

I think the goalposts have moved here because I'd imagine he could magic up the money to do it, if he wanted to.

However, he's spent near 20 years in America, he's seen how well the Yanks do sport at first hand for a long time, Kingsford is exactly the type of thing Cormack would be trying to do if it hadn't already been done. I don't think there's any chance of Pittodrie redevelopment
Understandable but there are real restrictions on a Kingsford site compared to Anerica with regards our pathetic transport infrastructure here and not being allowed the mass of car park space that many American grounds have. Still, it looks like either way, money will be coming from the US.

There is certainly potential for exciting times to come. Hopefully folk give Milne the respect he deserves, regardless of trophies. He will be leaving the club in a better state than when he arrived. 

I just hope that whoever comes in with Cormack, doesn't see the Dundee Utd method of spending as sustainable. 

Since Milne took over as Chairman AFC has posted losses in 16 out of 20 years (and 3 of the profit seasons were in 2015, 2016 & 2017)  - over £20M in losses (the numbers are available at Companies House if anyone wants to take umbrage)

AFC had their longest post-war run (19 years) without a trophy

AFC had their longest post war run without a Scottish Cup Final (17 years)

AFC finished bottom of the league for the first time

Post war and excluding the Ferguson years AFC won a trophy approx once every 6 years prior to Stewarty taking over the reigns which would convert to a minimum of 3 (and maybe 4) in his 22 years at the helm. He has 1 and that was won on fucking penalties.

During his time in charge, the Scottish has been won by Hearts 3 times, Hbs, Dundee United, St. Johnstone and Inverness CT (so don't tell me the dominance of R&C blah blah blah)

He fluked a windfall that cleared the debt that was accumulated during his tenure and his legacy is likely going to be a far, far worse debt to build a stadium in the boondocks that will completely alter the game day experience for thousands.

He was in charge as our home ground was allowed to disintegrate around us, fall into terrible disrepair, largely because there were no funds available to do the repairs, much less upgrade and modernize.

He has stated how he believes in and wants the "status quo" in Scottish football to be restored, so I can only imagine he is delighted at the way this season is shaping up. I wonder if he's excited about December 8th.

Minus several million out of ten from me

However, 47% of the nation is apparently going to vote Tory so I am clearly at odds with the general public

Go Soccerdons.
ETA can Atlanta Utd win a game against 9 players?

Yes. If DM isn’t their manager.

Latest quote from Fraudiola “we should be able to see that game out..”

Sums him up in 1 sentence. Get him out now.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

These factors combined have helped to secure the new investment from Dave Cormack and his group of investors, including Tom Crotty, Roger Lee and now AMB Sports & Entertainment (parent company of Atlanta United).

that's the interesting bit for me 

Not as interesting as levelling the playing field with the arse cheeks!

Did he honestly say that?

"We had three points in our pocket and we allowed two of them to go. I'm really disappointed with that.

"From a winning position, we should see that game out. We should have more experience and confidence to see that out”

Like I say. Perfect time for Cormack to get rid.

3 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

"We had three points in our pocket and we allowed two of them to go. I'm really disappointed with that.

"From a winning position, we should see that game out. We should have more experience and confidence to see that out”

Like I say. Perfect time for Cormack to get rid.

That’s a terrible attitude. 
Never would say Gerrard for example take that attitude. The **** would go for the 2nd and then the 3rd.