The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Baffled by this.

Think it was just one boy who thought him going just before the financials are announced was a sign that they're not very good and Milne is either jumping or being forced out.

Desperation on the United fan's part obviously.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

No. United fans seem to thi k Milne leaving is a sign you're going down the tubes. 

I never thought I'd have to explain it then I seen you were comparing McInnes to Messi and realised I'd have to. 

I think that you should stay in the Championship forum.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Think it was just one boy who thought him going just before the financials are announced was a sign that they're not very good and Milne is either jumping or being forced out.

There are quite a few on Twitter. 

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

There are quite a few on Twitter. 

That’s unequivocal fact then.

our results (financial) will be a bit shite after our results (football) were a bit shite.

Might well be that that’s a factor in Wigless jacking it in.  Maybe it’s because he’s pushing 70 and still running his proper companies too. Maybe it’s because there’s a billionaire waiting in the wings. More likely it’s a planned succession that’s been on the Cards a while.

It’s difficult to see how the club could go from last year’s statements showing no debt to folding, without notably splashing  out.

I’m only speculating. I have no inside information and have only been following the public information. Clearly Dundee United fans on Twitter will be better informed.

f**k sake, let's get carried away...

Level the entire Pittodrie area, and we fire up a 100,000 seater. Free flights for Atlanta Utd/Cardinals fans to come here, and free flights for us to go there (I'll still be a 49ers fan though). Ticket pricing relative to income. Stadium is filled every match.

First option for NFL games with Wembley and Tottenham in a distant 2nd and 3rd. Cowboys cheerleaders in the Pittodrie Bar.

Considine, jacked up on cattle steroids, continues to play for the next 20 years. After serving a year ban, and prison sentence, for accidentally decapitating Ryan Jack. The majority of Scottish football fans think Jack deserved it.

Massive legal battle to declare the sale of Ibrox to Sevco illegal. We buy Ibrox, and use it to hold Irish and Scottish independence rallies. Maybe invite the Palestinians along. Shitting on the pitch is encouraged.

I'm going to bed happy....

15 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

f**k sake, let's get carried away...

Level the entire Pittodrie area, and we fire up a 100,000 seater. Free flights for Atlanta Utd/Cardinals fans to come here, and free flights for us to go there (I'll still be a 49ers fan though). Ticket pricing relative to income. Stadium is filled every match.

First option for NFL games with Wembley and Tottenham in a distant 2nd and 3rd. Cowboys cheerleaders in the Pittodrie Bar.

Considine, jacked up on cattle steroids, continues to play for the next 20 years. After serving a year ban, and prison sentence, for accidentally decapitating Ryan Jack. The majority of Scottish football fans think Jack deserved it.

Massive legal battle to declare the sale of Ibrox to Sevco illegal. We buy Ibrox, and use it to hold Irish and Scottish independence rallies. Maybe invite the Palestinians along. Shitting on the pitch is encouraged.

I'm going to bed happy....

Drink lots of water first

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

FWIW I had to look through a loooooot of very similar Katy Perry gifs before settling on that one. 

Hard to believe that she started out in Christian "rock"........

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I'm sure the son of a billionaire stuff and the idea that someone is going to invest significant money into us will end up being exaggerated heavily. Guessing it'll just end up like the Hibs takeover where there's maybe a bit more money and stability as a result of it but no significant changes to the day to day ambitions of the club.

Cormack will have his own ideas for how the club should be run of course but supporters are likely best staying realistic and not getting carried away.

Cormack has been involved with the club now for almost 20 years. He's had numerous chances to make serious investment, but has chosen to be wise with his money....only stepping in to underwrite the training facilities and community projects.

Given that Milne is almost 70, I suspect this is just the passing of the baton and I seriously doubt that we'll see an unsustainable Rangers/Hearts type shambles. 

20 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Didn't take me too long to find a pro-Kingsford post. And IIRC the thread on AFC-Chat had to be hidden because there was a lot of animosity between the Pittodrie Remainers and Leavers.

It was hidden because the W.A.N.K.S were going to the police and press with their hurt feelings. Iafaik, I dinna frequent that shiteheap anymore) 

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Don’t think this is good news. Milne’s relationship with Derek McInnes is the main reason that he hasn’t moved on to another club. 

I was told 3 weeks ago this change was happening, which sounded like utter shite but has been spot on. Also in that same chat I was told Cormack is no fan of mcInnes and he is on the proverbial shoogly. He'll have to up his game or he'll be oot

17 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Absolutely possible that this is the case, but the language I heard used by someone very close to the goings on suggested it was about much more than just a change of figurehead.

...as my source said, Wiggy was given an ultimatum, hand over or the money was off (allegedly). Hardball from Cormack, looks awfully like the plan was there all along, but he let him get the Training Complex up and running to at least leave with something as a legacy. Very interesting times upcoming for the Westhill Wanderers 

If Cormack comes in and redevelops Pittodrie, then I'm all for it.

Ultimately always worry about takeovers and particularly from outwith the local area given past performance from Cormack in his first spell at AFC. The proof will be in our performances on the park, keeping a sensible ship financially and delivery of a redevelopment hopefully.

Can't say I am jumping for joy overly but let's see how it goes.

What do folk think of Milne's time in charge overall. 

I think he's made mistakes as he's been learning the football business on the job. 

He seems to have modernised the club. My recollection is he came in when Donald Jr had just about run us into the ground and started reining in spending. I know he had a role before taking the top job, so was partly responsible for the state we were in. 

We could have gone the way of Dundee of Motherwell, or even cheated then died like other clubs. It was shite for 15 years and now it's better. Could have done with a Scottish Cup and we could have challenged Delias Celtic more. 

On balance, it's a pass mark from me.