The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Wonder how many Aberdeen fans who defended the decision to move to Kingsford will now pretend it was a bad idea all along.

Wouldn't imagine there will be many. Think anyone that defended it only did so because of the hysterical over-reaction of those against it. I think ideally pretty much everyone would prefer Pittodrie to be re-developed.

On 17/08/2017 at 13:34, Bob Mahelp said:

Given that lots of the support already comes from the 'shire rather than the city, this may be an improvement rather than a hinderance.

Stick P&R's and the new shuttles in the right place and the new stadium will be much easier for those outside the city to get to than Pittodrie.

I'm happy enough to move the ground out of the city. Aberdeen is full of moaning, miserable f*ckers who either support the OF or Barcelona or have no interest in fitba at all. On a match day, ootside a few areas of the city centre and King Street, you would have no idea at all that there was a game on in the city. You'd see more Dons tops in Stonehaven or Inverurie that you will in the city.

These feckers have had their chance to go every week and support their local side, but most of them don't. Aberdeen is expanding outwards....in 15 years time Westhill and Skene and Kingswells will all be joined up with the city anyway, and maybe if we build a stadium in the suburbs then kids growing up there WILL go and support their local team.

#weareallaurora

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Wouldn't imagine there will be many. Think anyone that defended it only did so because of the hysterical over-reaction of those against it. I think ideally pretty much everyone would prefer Pittodrie to be re-developed.

Didn't take me too long to find a pro-Kingsford post. And IIRC the thread on AFC-Chat had to be hidden because there was a lot of animosity between the Pittodrie Remainers and Leavers.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Didn't take me too long to find a pro-Kingsford post. And IIRC the thread on AFC-Chat had to be hidden because there was a lot of animosity between the Pittodrie Remainers and Leavers.

I think that was to do with allegations that were made against some of the local residents who were leading that campaign against the stadium being built and they either went to the authorities about the thread or threatened to.

I'm not saying no-one was in favour of the new stadium but I still don't think many were against the idea of Pittodrie being developed as the preferred option. That was described as not being an option at the time so people made the best of what was seemingly the only option available against the oddballs giving it the full end is nigh, the sky is falling down nonsense that accompanied the thread about it.

I'm sure the son of a billionaire stuff and the idea that someone is going to invest significant money into us will end up being exaggerated heavily. Guessing it'll just end up like the Hibs takeover where there's maybe a bit more money and stability as a result of it but no significant changes to the day to day ambitions of the club.

Cormack will have his own ideas for how the club should be run of course but supporters are likely best staying realistic and not getting carried away.

47 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

**whisper it**

Aberdeen FC will survive when Derek moves on 

Obviously. I didn’t say that we wouldn’t survive, just that it’s not good news. If Messi left Barcelona, they would survive, but it wouldn’t be good news.

I'm sure the son of a billionaire stuff and the idea that someone is going to invest significant money into us will end up being exaggerated heavily. Guessing it'll just end up like the Hibs takeover where there's maybe a bit more money and stability as a result of it but no significant changes to the day to day ambitions of the club.
Cormack will have his own ideas for how the club should be run of course but supporters are likely best staying realistic and not getting carried away.

Absolutely possible that this is the case, but the language I heard used by someone very close to the goings on suggested it was about much more than just a change of figurehead.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is this some kind of cryptic message, or are you in the wrong thread?

No. United fans seem to thi k Milne leaving is a sign you're going down the tubes. 

I never thought I'd have to explain it then I seen you were comparing McInnes to Messi and realised I'd have to. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Wrong! we should behave like Rangers and Hearts fans.

Remember Hearts saying they had a 20 million "warchest" 😂 and Rangers fans thinking Green/Whyte were saviours. I'm glad collectively we aren't stupid enough to get carried away, typically its for those of low IQ. 2 + 2 = 5