The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

25 minutes ago, McGarci said:

you only have to watch the team before he came, and now. moreover, youth academy players whom have developed, money etc etc

tell me one manager who could go the team better than 3th

Can you name one youth player we have sold on for a profit under McInnes please?

Our results before he came and "who could do a better job" are lazy arguments and not even worth debating.

It's not the supporters job to hire the next manager.

maybe they havent sold, but I really think that with your budget is difficult sign better players, and impossible fight agaisnt "old firm"

the coming loan players  have been good enough IMO (leigh, maddison, lowe, steward), youth players like  mclennan, mckenna, and others little few (ross, campbell, wright, anderson....) are in the first team, every year the best players have been sold or have gone free when their contracts expire from aberdeen to too richer teams.

moreover he has signed some unknown players (with narrow budget) who have impressed like cosgrove, lewis, ferguson etc etc)

obviously some sign hasnt worked, but It happens in every team....

I am now Aberdeen´s supporter but I think mcinness has gone a excellent job rebuilding your team year by year

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

But it is the fans job to sack the present one?

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I must admit the argument that it’s not the fans job to find a new manager is pretty lazy when they’re more than willing to sack one.

I'd like Guardiola but he's probably out of budget.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Can you name one youth player we have sold on for a profit under McInnes please?

Our results before he came and "who could do a better job" are lazy arguments and not even worth debating.

It's not the supporters job to hire the next manager.

Not selling youth products isn't a failure to develop them. It's partly a failure to get them to sign long term contracts. It's also partly an unwillingness to sell cheap. 

McInnes has developed a number of our homegrown players. He got more out of Pawlett, Jack or Considine than any predecessor. McKenna is a first team regular and mclennan on the fringes. The only youth player he has let go who has done better than the Dons is Bain, and that's arguably only because Celtic could play a 90 year old paraplegic in goals for domestic games. 

Lots of our youngsters get a chance. They don't always take it though. 

I don't think he has done a stellar job of youth development but it's not been terrible. 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Not selling youth products isn't a failure to develop them. It's partly a failure to get them to sign long term contracts. It's also partly an unwillingness to sell cheap. 

McInnes has developed a number of our homegrown players. He got more out of Pawlett, Jack or Considine than any predecessor. McKenna is a first team regular and mclennan on the fringes. The only youth player he has let go who has done better than the Dons is Bain, and that's arguably only because Celtic could play a 90 year old paraplegic in goals for domestic games. 

I don't think he has done a stellar job of youth development but it's not been terrible. 

Was it Brentford that did away with their youth development entirely, and used the money saved to pick up released 19/20yo's from the bigger Clubs?

I'm sure they did this because of continually losing promising youngsters to bigger Clubs and getting f**k all compensation.

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

I don't disagree with your point. I was disagreeing with the other lad who didn't have a clue.

16 hours ago, coprolite said:

What’s happened to Luc Bollan? Played a few games for Cowden last season and looked a decent prospect.

13 hours ago, sjc said:

Was it Brentford that did away with their youth development entirely, and used the money saved to pick up released 19/20yo's from the bigger Clubs?

I'm sure they did this because of continually losing promising youngsters to bigger Clubs and getting f**k all compensation.

It certainly was. 6th year in the English Championship for a club working with average attendances of 10,000 - 11,000 (and just 6,000 - 7,000 in League One)

However such radical thinking (we can't outspend them so we have to out think them) won't happen at Aberdeen under the current chairman. He will follow the popular trend whether that is spending too much, not spending enough or  "developing" youth players.

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Calderwood did away with any decent Youth System when he was in charge

It took years to rebuild 

What quality did Calderwood have to deal with? The only 'quality' he had to promote was Considine. Not a single other player from that era progressed to a bigger club.

16 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

It certainly was. 6th year in the English Championship for a club working with average attendances of 10,000 - 11,000 (and just 6,000 - 7,000 in League One)

However such radical thinking (we can't outspend them so we have to out think them) won't happen at Aberdeen under the current chairman. He will follow the popular trend whether that is spending too much, not spending enough or  "developing" youth players.

So are you suggesting we get rid of the youth system? No idea what point you are trying to get across.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He let Stephen O'Donnell go.

Current Scotland international.

I mean that's factually correct, but must be understood in the context of O'Donnell being literally the worst first choice right back Scotland has had in living memory.

Regardless, to support the argument that Calderwood was bad for our youth development, there is 1 (average) example. The fact is, our youth development has been pish poor, and our retention of the rare good ones has also been pish poor. Can't blame managers for not playing players that aren't good enough.

12 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I mean that's factually correct, but must be understood in the context of O'Donnell being literally the worst first choice right back Scotland has had in living memory.

Regardless, to support the argument that Calderwood was bad for our youth development, there is 1 (average) example. The fact is, our youth development has been pish poor, and our retention of the rare good ones has also been pish poor. Can't blame managers for not playing players that aren't good enough.

Playing sub standard players regularly is worse for youth development than not giving them a chance imo. The youth policy that produced the Young brothers, Mackie, Phil McGuire etc was more productive than our current one in terms of first team regulars. It jusg meant we had a shite first team. 

I'd love a great youth development policy. 

I also like a good first team. 

Jimmy was all about the first team, but still found a place for the likes of maguire and paton. 

If he'd had any better players coming through, I'm sure he'd have used them

Edited by coprolite
Just realised it's completely unclear that I agree with you point. O donell wasn't better than Logan tonight, so at 18may we'll have been dogshit