The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, RussellAnderson said:

What is this pish seriously? Gary O’Neil = Greg Halford, honestly what’s the point.
I don’t want McInnes out (and I don’t think I ever will, too scared of the Mark McGhee boogeyman) but he is so fucking predictable.
Why in f**k’s name is he not giving Wilson the game time to develop?! What was the point in signing a guy who you know isn’t the finished article and then not allowing him the opportunity to become the player he can be? Play him against that Hibs midfield, they’re soft as shit. Instead we play Main and Cosgrove together and we do f**k all.
Main can f**k off.
The rest of the players just don’t seem to have the energy/drive/strategy/call it what you want, to actually go out and stamp any authority on games. We’re so passive and win/don’t lose (same thing right??) because Cosgrove kens where the net is.

Huge game at Motherwell, and we won’t be favourites.

Wilson's injured just now and couldn't have played against Hibs.

Having a conversation at work about lasts nights game, and one of the topics was Mikey Devlin's place in the team/squad.

Not fishing, genuinely want to known out of curiousity, if you guys have everyone fit, does Devlin make your strongest XI? And would he get a game ahead of Considine?

Cheers.

12 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Having a conversation at work about lasts nights game, and one of the topics was Mikey Devlin's place in the team/squad.

Not fishing, genuinely want to known out of curiousity, if you guys have everyone fit, does Devlin make your strongest XI? And would he get a game ahead of Considine?

Cheers.

When fit and on form, Devlin and McKenna are the best CB pairing in the country. Considine is underrated and rarely lets us down, but McKenna and Devlin should be the first choice pairing when both available. 

Devlin looked great at the start of last season but hasn't looked quite the same since coming back from a long term injury. The fact that when a half fit McKenna came back against Hibs it was Devlin that was dropped rather than Considine probably says a lot.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Cheers.

If everyone is fit and on firm then it's McKenna and Devlin.

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Cheers.

Not for me. I personally think Considine has better defensive instincts, is more robust and has a better reading of the game. I don't think Devlin could produce some of the performances Considine did against a striker like Morelos last season, for example. It would be great if Devlin could begin to find the form that he showed when he first got fit and started playing for us, but it feels like a very long time ago now.

There might be a case for Considine at left-back in certain games which would make space for Devlin alongside McKenna, but if it's a straight choice between Devlin and Considine, I'm taking Considine at the moment. 

Edited by DrewDon

5 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

I know the whole scotland squad were gash last night but does anyone else think mulgrew was incredibly gash.

Mulgrew is the first choice every game and somehow manages to look worse than whoever he's playing alongside every time.

On 08/10/2019 at 18:28, Sheep62 said:

Out of curiousity please inform me of Bryson's weekly wage ?

Bryson told his agent to get him a move to Killie in March but the club never followed up, wages were never an issue for him just wanted to move home. McInnes lets him stay in Killie for a good part of the week.

2 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

I know the whole scotland squad were gash last night but does anyone else think mulgrew was incredibly gash.

A central defender who cant do contact defending and who thinks he's some beckenbaueresqe ball playing centre back cause he takes 4 or 5 touches before lumping it aimlessly up the pitch.

I also cant trust a centre back in his mid 30s with a hairband.

On 11/10/2019 at 20:46, Killiefan said:

Bryson told his agent to get him a move to Killie in March but the club never followed up, wages were never an issue for him just wanted to move home. McInnes lets him stay in Killie for a good part of the week.

He'll probably get an extra day off a week to spend down the road.

Hi, 

I'm currently doing a report as part of my coursework for Uni and I'm talking about the alienation and commodification in football, I'm speaking about the MK Dons case and how the move alienated the fans, how are the Aberdeen fans feeling about the move to Westhill? Obviously this is a less extreme case for Aberdeen as they are moving 7 miles rather than the 80 that MK Dons did, but any input would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

Hi, 

I'm currently doing a report as part of my coursework for Uni and I'm talking about the alienation and commodification in football, I'm speaking about the MK Dons case and how the move alienated the fans, how are the Aberdeen fans feeling about the move to Westhill? Obviously this is a less extreme case for Aberdeen as they are moving 7 miles rather than the 80 that MK Dons did, but any input would be appreciated.

Not sure how many posters they have from the Ferranti/Meadowbank days but you should really post this on the Livi thread.

Edited by The_Kincardine

7 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Hi, 

Excuse my ignorance but did MK Dons move anywhere? As far as I’m aware they have always played in Milton Keys - hence the name.

As said above speak to Meadowbank fans. Clyde had an actual relocation as well. 

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Excuse my ignorance but did MK Dons move anywhere? As far as I’m aware they have always played in Milton Keys - hence the name.

As said above speak to Meadowbank fans. Clyde had an actual relocation as well. 

MK Dons were originally Wimbledon so I assume they were located in Wimbledon.

Ever since the name change they've been located in Milton Keynes though.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

MK Dons were originally Wimbledon so I assume they were located in Wimbledon.

Ever since the name change they've been located in Milton Keynes though.

Yes I am well aware of that. They didn't move to MK though, it is a new club.

22 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Yes I am well aware of that. They didn't move to MK though, it is a new club.

Fairly sure they moved. I remember a furore about it being the thin end of the wedge for "franchise football" in a US style. 

Kingsford Dons has a nice ring to it.