The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Not long back from Glebe Park after seeing Aberdeen Reserves beat Huddersfield Reserves 3.0 in the new 6 team Reserve League. Aberdeen dominated the majority of the match, apart from a spell in the second half, and were the much better team overall. Goals from Bruce Anderson, Ethan Ross and Chris Antoniazzi.

Liked the look of Virtinen, both Rosses, Seb and Ethan, and Ruth. Excellent match.

Edited by kingjoey

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

What are the chances of our fans managing to not embarrass the club at Ibrox in 2 weeks time? I'd love to think that we could honour a minute silence even though we hated the guy as a player. I sincerely doubt it though.

Oh dear. I'd say the chances are low.

23 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

What are the chances of our fans managing to not embarrass the club at Ibrox in 2 weeks time? I'd love to think that we could honour a minute silence even though we hated the guy as a player. I sincerely doubt it though.

I think both clubs will acknowledge this and there'll be a minutes applause instead of silence. The **** aren't exactly in a position to criticise conduct during memorials but we should be aiming to be better. Sadly, we have a fair amount of reptiles in our support also. 

22 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Gallagher should be fit for the weekend but there were apparently only 13 players fit to train so that doesn't sound good at all.

Having such a small squad has bitten us two seasons in a row now.

I would imagine that some players that are fit, but have had a recent injury would have been sitting out the training session today. The likes of a Devlin, Campbell, Logan, McGinn, etc.

It's dreadful news. Bryson has made something of a difference when he has played, but we have been absolutely screaming out to have him fully fit and playing regularly in the middle. Gallagher is not a good footballer and having to rely on him more for important games is not something I'm optimistic about. 

Sign players with poor injury records and act surprised when they get injured and are out for weeks/months. Classic Aberdeen.

I've possibly said this before on here, but the lack of signings/investment after the Rijeka games and then the St Mirren loss was negligent and naive on McInnes' part. It was as clear as it could ever be that we were lacking strength in depth as well as quality. The injuries will be a convenient excuse for McInnes to try and justify our horrendous form and "style" of football.

The amount of injuries we are getting in training this season suggests we are doing something wrong. At least McInnes will be forced to play the kids and actually give them some decent game time as opposed to 5 mins at the end every week.

6 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Sign players with poor injury records and act surprised when they get injured and are out for weeks/months. Classic Aberdeen.

I've possibly said this before on here, but the lack of signings/investment after the Rijeka games and then the St Mirren loss was negligent and naive on McInnes' part. It was as clear as it could ever be that we were lacking strength in depth as well as quality. The injuries will be a convenient excuse for McInnes to try and justify our horrendous form and "style" of football.

The amount of injuries we are getting in training this season suggests we are doing something wrong. At least McInnes will be forced to play the kids and actually give them some decent game time as opposed to 5 mins at the end every week.

After bringing in nine players which used up the club’s budget, you were expecting more signings after a couple of bad results? That’s the problem with this “Football Manager” world, fans expect teams to just keep buying and buying, and the only club that live in this type of world is Hearts. We were always going to have to go with what we had at that time, like it or not.

After bringing in nine players which used up the club’s budget, you were expecting more signings after a couple of bad results? That’s the problem with this “Football Manager” world, fans expect teams to just keep buying and buying, and the only club that live in this type of world is Hearts. We were always going to have to go with what we had at that time, like it or not.

I also like the notion that this was mcinnes’ decision.

That Milne approached him with a blank chequebook and he said no thanks mr Milne, I believe our squad can’t get any better.

Think we over estimated the quality of the European games to convince ourselves we had a very good team, I was included in this.

Then there was the last minute winner against Hearts, now we also see how rank they are.

I still believe we have a good squad but there is just something missing, not sure what it is but if we find it, then I still believe we can go on and have a good season.

11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Pitchforks will be well and truly out if we exit the cup on Wednesday 

My biggest worry is the injuries, I just can't see us putting together any consistency if we are constantly hampered by it.

I believe our squad is good when fully fit and more than capable of 3rd. In terms of performance, I can forgive that we don't play free flowing creative football, but the lack of energy and tempo at times drives me mad.

You are right though, lose on Wednesday followed by a trip to Ibrox and things could become toxic (more toxic).