The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

In fairness, I still think stockley was very underrated and had it not been for his wayward elbows would have done well for us.

Goodwillie has his moments but realistically has no one to blame but himself for his ultimate failure.

Also a lot of those strikers were never signed as first choice, Rooney was so reliable that they were generally an understudy. Zola was signed as a starter and we binned him almost immediately for Rooney.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was you who randomly brought it up, I've made one post on the subject. 80% of his striking signings have been failures. You can twist it whatever way you want, but to me that means his record is poor.

Again, its who you brought this into a conversation, not me, before you start this "obsessed chat" shite instead of actually replying.

If a team has one player signed by their manager in their team at any one time who is a prolific goalscorer, then that manager has done a great job. Derek McInnes has either had Rooney or Cosgrove in his teams in his six year tenure, bar the first six months until he signed Rooney, and the first five months of last season until Cosgrove fulfilled the potential that our manager saw in him. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness, I still think stockley was very underrated and had it not been for his wayward elbows would have done well for us.

Goodwillie has his moments but realistically has no one to blame but himself for his ultimate failure.

Also a lot of those strikers were never signed as first choice, Rooney was so reliable that they were generally an understudy. Zola was signed as a starter and we binned him almost immediately for Rooney.

Christ min, that'll not do at all

You're letting the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Christ min, that'll not do at all

You're letting the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy

It's not a conspiracy. 

It's another bizarre wee anti-Aberdeen rant springing out of the recesses of Random Guy's mind. 

You lot are weird. 

You bring up a comment I made months ago, call me obsessed for talking about it when I reply to you bringing it up, and now are trying to claim my belief that McInnes' striker signing record is poor is something I've imagined, despite wide agreement only two of the 11 strikers hes signed have been successful. 

I also thought Stockley was pretty decent. He was certainly a level above a lot of the other names mentioned and did exactly the job he was brought in to do (act as a target man when needed and chip in with a few goals). 

So this Hayes and Morgan rumour has came from one Aberdeen gossip Twitter account... must be accurate...

Incidentally, Morgan is shite and wouldn’t get in our team. And we shouldn’t be taking Celtic players on loan to develop for them - that can get in the bin.

1 hour ago, Baldie1980 said:

I dont actually think stockley was that bad

He wasn't. His reputation - deserved or not - was a big part of why he left, and we got a decent fee for him. The refs up here had it in for him, as did the press. He scored a few goals for us including a couple of peaches, and he is infinitely better than Curtis Main. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You lot are weird. 

You bring up a comment I made months ago, call me obsessed for talking about it when I reply to you bringing it up, and now are trying to claim my belief that McInnes' striker signing record is poor is something I've imagined, despite wide agreement only two of the 11 strikers hes signed have been successful. 

The fact that you know that McInnes has signed 11 strikers is already weird beyond words. 

If any Aberdeen fan knew that information I'd be giving him a wide berth. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The fact that you know that McInnes has signed 11 strikers is already weird beyond words. 

It takes less than a minute to check, its not as if I know it off the top of my head.

You had one belief, I had the contrasting belief. I looked up facts to prove my belief, you respond by calling me obsessed and saying I'm tragic. 

Theres an irony in you spending your night on here getting me into a conversation, then insulting throughout the conversation for being in the conversation, but I'll let you figure that one yourself, no doubt after another post about how obsessed I am with Aberdeen.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The St Johnstone fans on here are absolute dribblers. Seems like they spend more time on this thread than their own.

Just now, AFCDannyFTH said:

The St Johnstone fans on here are absolute dribblers. Seems like they spend more time on this thread than their own.

I'm fairly certain my posts today are the only Saints posts on here in the past week, at least.

And I'm only posting before folk are talking about me on here.

4 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

He wasn't. His reputation - deserved or not - was a big part of why he left, and we got a decent fee for him. The refs up here had it in for him, as did the press. He scored a few goals for us including a couple of peaches, and he is infinitely better than Curtis Main. 

Some finish this. That away kit was pretty nice as well.

He scored 5 league goals in 27 appearances (19 as a sub) which isn’t too bad going for a back-up striker.

But yeah, he was finished here as soon as he caught the boy wonder. Tbh he was probably done as soon as he got that totally undeserved second yellow vs Der ***.

6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Can we see a list of the goal scoring machines Tommy Wright has signed for St Johnstone?  I bet its packed full of some real shite.

If you check the Saints thread, you'll also see I claim TW record of signing strikers is abysmal, not entirely sure why its relevant though.