The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

33 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

EE say he's still in Bristol.  Waiting for Milne's jet?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/vyner-joins-dons-on-loan-ahead-of-rijeka-tie/?fbclid=IwAR0Na_cGFLn0eyALvrNNbiPgRHiUnftVzD3g0aVeygPXthIeU_GAfUY7PBQ

How on earth you could expect a centre half to do a turn when he won't have even met his own team mates or management, never mind gleaned anything about the opponents is beyond me.

Hopefully this is emergency back-up rather than a likely replacement for McKenna following confirmation of his sale at 4.49pm. 

Aye you'd suspect he'll be on the bench at best and get a 3 minute run at the end as a thank you for the effort involved pushing through the deal and last minute travelling on his own

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

EE say he's still in Bristol.  Waiting for Milne's jet?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/vyner-joins-dons-on-loan-ahead-of-rijeka-tie/?fbclid=IwAR0Na_cGFLn0eyALvrNNbiPgRHiUnftVzD3g0aVeygPXthIeU_GAfUY7PBQ

How on earth you could expect a centre half to do a turn when he won't have even met his own team mates or management, never mind gleaned anything about the opponents is beyond me.

Hopefully this is emergency back-up rather than a likely replacement for McKenna following confirmation of his sale at 4.49pm. 

Had to be signed yesterday to even play 2nd leg which is more likely.

Today emphasised that we were lucky Hearts imploded last week with the needless red card and pen, rather than us actually being good. 1-0 flattered us massively, they missed several sitters.

If any good is to come from today, hopefully the board realise we need more investment in the squad as a few injuries/suspensions could absolutely ruin our season.

Just now, Alex_14 said:

Bryson and Gleeson spotted at the team photo. Our future midfield super duo.

Ah I was trying to see if Gleeson was in there or not from the brief video they released but couldn't make him out. Suppose it doesn't really mean all that much really and players could be moved on regardless. Stevie May was in there too so guessing neither are expected to move in the next few days at least.

11 minutes ago, Scosha said:

We've taken Danny Rogers on loan. He did well at Falkirk and Dumbarton and I thought he'd end up getting a Premiership side no bother. Has he not reached his potential?

He's never really been given much of a chance at Aberdeen. McInnes clearly doesn't rate him. When Lewis got injured he played a couple of games but McInnes loaned another keeper in rather than play Rogers for the next 3 or 4. I'm surprised he's still at the club to be honest, I thought he would have been pushing for a move away before now.