The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Ach well looks like May is headed back down the A90 after all.

I like Stevie May and really wanted it to work out for him with us, but sometimes the step up to play for a bigger club is too difficult for some to handle. 

Guess he'll be more comfortable back where it started for him.

Intrigued by the apparent excitement of Saints supporters about his return. This is either going to go well or very badly if he can't replicate his showing of first time around. Either way time will tell. Personally I wish him well, just not against us 

45 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Bizarre to see him on the bench on Sunday.

Not really...

Devlin, Taylor, Main, McLennan, Bryson and Ethan Ross were all out injured.

We even had a 16 year old on the bench

Just now, d31 said:

Define most? 40 games?

When not required for development games. McInnes was racing about him at the q&a and said he'd have been in all the European squads and on the bench if he hadn't been 15. Put him on the bench the first chance he could.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

When not required for development games. McInnes was racing about him at the q&a and said he'd have been in all the European squads and on the bench if he hadn't been 15. Put him on the bench the first chance he could.

I agree on that and agree he could well be on the bench 10-15 games with 2-3 appearances very likely. We've got a huge squad at the moment though so he won't be in the squad most games unless we shed 3-4 players and always carry a couple injuries/suspensions

1 minute ago, d31 said:

I agree on that and agree he could well be on the bench 10-15 games with 2-3 appearances very likely. We've got a huge squad at the moment though so he won't be in the squad most games unless we shed 3-4 players and always carry a couple injuries/suspensions

He's a rb/cm. Two positions we're quite light in. Bryson still to get to full fitness though.

On 05/08/2019 at 09:01, naegoodinthedark said:

I’m not fussy where he goes to be honest, as long as we get the going fee.

Any thought on a replacement? (Not sure when Tommie Hoban was expected to be fit).

Wasn’t there talk of a defender coming in this week anyway?

October/November

On 05/08/2019 at 09:54, logie skid boys said:

Either way all will be revealed soon .  his agent obviously thinking we will buckle . a few years ago aye .  now can’t see it.   i don’t believe mckenna will spit dummy out if he’s here another season.  .  .  we fly out the morn? 

Yes. 12:30pm on Wednesday 

Seems the transfer request was rather pointless - no apparent fresh bids and if there isn’t by the time he lands in Croatia there probably won’t be until January (unless Celtic try and unsettle him further with derisory bids)

Don’t doubt he’ll give 100% but he’ll have lost quite a bit of goodwill from our fans for no real benefit.