The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Sheep62 said:

Talksport reporting McKenna has handed in a transfer request this morning.

Now being picked up on by The Scottish Sun

Might be shite, but if not seriously bad news 

Someone posted it on afc-chat this morning. I'd imagine they've just pulled it from there.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Someone posted it on afc-chat this morning. I'd imagine they've just pulled it from there.

Hope so.

Would genreally take anything I read on there with a huge pinch of salt, so hopefully the usual shite from there. 

The two media sources ain't exactly that reliable either

Edited by Sheep62

4 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Hope so.

Would genreally take anything I read on there with a huge pinch of salt, so hopefully the usual shite from there. 

The two media sources ain't exactly that reliable either

Just been reported on bbc Scotland radio 1pm news that he has handed in a transfer request.

The BBC have picked it up now too.

I hope he's not doing this to force a move to QPR or Forest. He can do much better than that and will miss a great chance to qualify for the Europa League group stages.

Just now, Kyle said:

The BBC have picked it up now too.

I hope he's not doing this to force a move to QPR or Forest. He can do much better than that and will miss a great chance to qualify for the Europa League group stages.

"Understands"

In other words picking up on the story from elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

"Understands"

In other words picking up on the story from elsewhere.

I can't see "understands"

"Aberdeen and Scotland defender Scott McKenna has handed in a transfer request amid interest in the centre-half from England.

The Pittodrie club have already rejected bids from Queens Park Rangers and Nottingham Forest for McKenna, 22, this summer.

Celtic, Aston Villa and Hull City all had significant fees turned down by the Scottish Premiership side last year.

The Scotland international is contracted to Aberdeen until 2023.

McKenna has played five times this campaign for Derek McInnes' side, including Sunday's Premiership victory over Hearts."

BBC

1 minute ago, Templar said:

I can't see "understands"

"Aberdeen and Scotland defender Scott McKenna has handed in a transfer request amid interest in the centre-half from England.

The Pittodrie club have already rejected bids from Queens Park Rangers and Nottingham Forest for McKenna, 22, this summer.

Celtic, Aston Villa and Hull City all had significant fees turned down by the Scottish Premiership side last year.

The Scotland international is contracted to Aberdeen until 2023.

McKenna has played five times this campaign for Derek McInnes' side, including Sunday's Premiership victory over Hearts."

BBC

It's the third word of their tweet.

Just now, Templar said:

Refusing to let him go unless the £7 mil is met could be dangerous way to go. What happens if it is met a couple of days before the window closes. You need a contingency plan  

The English window shuts shortly. Aberdeen would have until September 2nd to sign a replacement.