The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm just happy she stuck with my after I almost dislocated her shoulders celebrating Hayes winner in the Scottish Cup semi final 😂 and even in games against St Mirren she has been in our end.

She sounds like a keeper.

(hopefully not John Burridge though).

45 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

1990 to 2003, went to Kinker primary and the Aboyne secondary.  My parents still live in the same house.  My wife is from Glasgow and she finds visiting there amazing and also a bit surreal about how quiet it is.  

I think we all take for granted how lucky we are to live here. Nice, peaceful city and you're only ever 10 mins away from what feels like endless green countryside.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

1990 to 2003, went to Kinker primary and the Aboyne secondary.  My parents still live in the same house.  My wife is from Glasgow and she finds visiting there amazing and also a bit surreal about how quiet it is.  

I was a lot earlier than that. Went to Kinker primary before being forced to move further south by my parents just before secondary. Brought into this world as a Dons fan when it was inconceivable that we’d even ever play in Europe in the pre-Turnbull era. Just happy to have a few wins every season and finish mid table at best. A bit like St Johnstone nowadays, I suppose.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're both off the hook.  We were staying in the erstwhile Kincardineshire (was then called Aberdeenshire but I'm all for the continuing of historic names) and did often pass through 'Kinker' to either buy petrol or tobacco as there's little else going on...

Kinker is actually in historic Aberdeenshire.

Kincardineshire ends about 4 miles east before you reach it on the A93.

.......and yes, the wee shop there is nirvana of a Saturday morning  (the garage is closed as the guy retired last year aged about 106). Chinese is very good, but remains 'cash only'.

As for the new house building - there are apparently 6,000 properties in the ASPC - average in years gone by was around a quarter that - but still new builds pop up everywhere around City and Shire - will the bubble burst by the time we need to sell Pittodrie?

Edited by tarapoa

Nearly every red thought it was great signing when May arrived .its nae worked out and it’s nothing do with opportunities or formations.  he’s lost that yard sharpness around  the box. injuries have taken this away.  big result if he’s terminated contract . Give  his all in every game and he played his part in some big wins last year.  . but his best days behind him.  one thing is he will still do a job with his workrate so will be a big asset for saints . . but moving him on this window is good news . maybe give Anderson  more of an opportunity now.  

On 21/07/2019 at 14:23, RandomGuy. said:

How would you lot react if you had to pay off May to get rid of him?

On 21/07/2019 at 14:44, Dons_1988 said:

I’d write a strongly worded post on a football forum.

Get that post fired up 😝

Im surprised Aberdeen have totally cut their losses with him considering their investment in him. I didn't think he was that bad last season just not the player we once knew. Would have thought a loan back at Saints would have been worth trying first to get his confidence back. 

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im surprised Aberdeen have totally cut their losses with him considering their investment in him. I didn't think he was that bad last season just not the player we once knew. Would have thought a loan back at Saints would have been worth trying first to get his confidence back. 

For what he was offering, Main will do the same job on less wages. That's not to suggest Main is a better player.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

For what he was offering, Main will do the same job on less wages. That's not to suggest Main is a better player.

Yeah the Main signing almost makes sense now tbh, although I assume May has been partly paid off.

Tbf other managers persevere more with high profile signings to try and save face but at least McInnes seems to have the stones to realise it was an error.

It's a sore one and an expensive deal but has it really been a disaster? Valuable part of the squad over the last two years:

Qualified for europe twice

One cup final

Two more semi finals

Runner up in the league