The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 19/07/2019 at 15:57, The_Kincardine said:

In my few (delightful) years living between Banchory and Aboyne and having met/dined with a fair few 'landed gentry' this is mostly true.  One anomaly is that the current scion of an old Deeside estate (no, not that kind of estate) of more than 20,000 acres are both Sellick fans.

I don't know why either.

Please, please don’t tell me that your name was taken from Kinker. My first home was in Kinker and that’s where my wonderful childhood memories are from. This could do me irreparable mental damage.

On 19/07/2019 at 22:47, tarapoa said:

Don’t tell me you took that name because you lived in Kinker?

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Please, please don’t tell me that your name was taken from Kinker. 

You're both off the hook.  We were staying in the erstwhile Kincardineshire (was then called Aberdeenshire but I'm all for the continuing of historic names) and did often pass through 'Kinker' to either buy petrol or tobacco as there's little else going on...

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're both off the hook.  We were staying in the erstwhile Kincardineshire (was then called Aberdeenshire but I'm all for the continuing of historic names) and did often pass through 'Kinker' to either buy petrol or tobacco as there's little else going on...

And long may that continue. Although they’re building far too many houses now beside the Pleasure Park.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

And long may that continue. Although they’re building far too many houses now beside the Pleasure Park.

There has to be huge pressure on housing there.  Setting aside 'sheep shagger' jokes, Deeside has got to be one of the nicest areas in Britain to bring up weans.  I was sorry we had to leave.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There has to be huge pressure on housing there.  Setting aside 'sheep shagger' jokes, Deeside has got to be one of the nicest areas in Britain to bring up weans.  I was sorry we had to leave.

Not often, if ever, I have agreed with you, but you have got a nod from me there.

26 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

How strange the last few pages have been about the village I grew up in.  My PC right now has a picture of Kinker for the desktop background 😎

Going up this week. I’ll pass on my best wishes. (Which era was your growing up?)

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Going up this week. I’ll pass on my best wishes. (Which era was your growing up?)

1990 to 2003, went to Kinker primary and the Aboyne secondary.  My parents still live in the same house.  My wife is from Glasgow and she finds visiting there amazing and also a bit surreal about how quiet it is.  

Edited by NorthernLights

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

One of the first?  It should be THE first!

I'm just happy she stuck with my after I almost dislocated her shoulders celebrating Hayes winner in the Scottish Cup semi final 😂 and even in games against St Mirren she has been in our end.

Edited by NorthernLights