The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Aberdeen's target audience consists mainly of oil barons and landed gentry rather than glue sniffing schemies so there's more disposable income per punter. Simple economics. 

It doesn't make us better people. That's just a coincidence. 

In my few (delightful) years living between Banchory and Aboyne and having met/dined with a fair few 'landed gentry' this is mostly true.  One anomaly is that the current scion of an old Deeside estate (no, not that kind of estate) of more than 20,000 acres are both Sellick fans.

I don't know why either.

Bryson i would expect sit out thursday and target the home leg.   Ojo i can see playing over there.   Looking forward to them two and Leigh in starting line up..  Nae  too concerned yet with Cosgrove misses  .the lad gets in the right positions and his hold up play has improved big time . hopefully he buries them in this round . .  if not he be rightly dropped . Mondays draw could add that bit more excitement to this tie.  . .. . few crackers potentially await . Either way il probably go if it’s one flight job.   if we are all on top of game we will have good chance with any.  . 

AFC make a lot of money through corporate - there are boxes all along the RDS and the original ones at back of Main Stand, .  Then outdoor corporate areas in both too.
I'm not a huge fan of it, as I prefer to go to games with my mates - but when I have taken an invite, it's a good day out and they make a good job of it.  There are some folk in ABZ, if you are to prise them away from their EPL obsession to go to Pittodrie - then it would take a corporate freebie to do so.  
At the last game of the season, I looked around Easter Road, and there wasn't much evidence of the scale of operation we run in that respect.

Agreed - AFC seem to have more corporate hospitality and funcy seats etc than anyone outside the cheeks and it makes a big difference to the club’s budget.

Aberdeen only has one professional sports team whereas Edinburgh has four (if you include Edinburgh Rugby and the Scottish Rugby team being based at Murrayfield) so a lot of the corporate hospitality in Edinburgh is hoovered up by the SRU but Aberdeen (and Glasgow) don’t have this and the Edinburgh middle classes and business types tend to be more into rugby and golf in any case. The Aberdeen equivalent prefer football and golf - the Aberdeen big-wigs are members of Royal Aberdeen Golf Club and the 50 club at Pittodrie and the Edinburgh big-wigs will be Muirfield and a Murrayfield debenture.

Also, easier for Aberdeen to attract corporate sponsorship as zero local competition from other professional teams and being a one club city means that there’s no risk of a corporate annoying clients who might support a rival local team. Instead, it’s seen as helping civic pride - see Abtrust, latterly Aberdeen Asset Management, effectively helping bail out the Dons in the 1990s as a sort of civic responsibility.

In my few (delightful) years living between Banchory and Aboyne and having met/dined with a fair few 'landed gentry' this is mostly true.  One anomaly is that the current scion of an old Deeside estate (no, not that kind of estate) of more than 20,000 acres are both Sellick fans.
I don't know why either.

Don’t tell me you took that name because you lived in Kinker?

Jesus we’d almost be neighbours - I’m just about coming to terms with the fact the bloke from the newly moved-in family just down the burn is a Sevconian season ticket holder and I’m under instructions to remain nice to him.

There's a number of different ways we are maximising our turnover compared to other similarly sized clubs. Most have been mentioned.

One main difference has been that we've tapped in to the North American market. However we've managed to do this without selling our club.

Looks like "the famous" have a worldwide fan base.  Driving in Tatabanya, Hungary earlier this week and I came across this.

IMG_20190715_193222_1.thumb.jpg.9fed5f885ba12130a6cc0bbb236e678e.jpg

I won't believe anyone who denies that this is the membership badge you get when you join the fan club. 😂

Edited by strichener

Guest Bob Mahelp
22 hours ago, Deen1903 said:

Also, easier for Aberdeen to attract corporate sponsorship as zero local competition from other professional teams and being a one club city means that there’s no risk of a corporate annoying clients who might support a rival local team. Instead, it’s seen as helping civic pride - see Abtrust, latterly Aberdeen Asset Management, effectively helping bail out the Dons in the 1990s as a sort of civic responsibility.

It's also easier, because for years and years now, Hibs have been fucking garbage. 

It's as simple as that. There's no rocket surgery about it. 

You are the very definition of a twat.
The non attending arsehole type that gives Aberdeen fans a bad name.
Please get banned again

It's also easier, because for years and years now, Hibs have been fucking garbage. 
It's as simple as that. There's no rocket surgery about it. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
22 minutes ago, scoobles said:

You are the very definition of a twat.
The non attending arsehole type that gives Aberdeen fans a bad name.
Please get banned again

3 bizarre statements. 

All 3 of them, incorrect.

Who the f*ck are you, by the way ?  I'm gonna presume that it's Saturday night, you're pished, and that you got me mixed up with somebody else. 

You can apologise when you're sober. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

On 19/07/2019 at 20:42, Deen1903 said:

*One club city........,Aberdeen,Cove 😉