The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

So Hibs get bigger crowds than us but can't pay higher wages?

Indeed. It's a curiosity I'd like to get to the bottom of, but Hibs' accounts aren't transparent enough in their breakdown of income to suss out what the main difference is. By comparing with Hearts, who are probably similar to Hibs, other than the £2 million bung they get each year from some closet jambo, it seems that Aberdeen gets a lot more money in from "sponsorship" and "commercial" activities than would ordinarily be expected from a team of their size. The gate receipts from both Aberdeen and Hearts are roughly what I'd expect and I'd guess Hibs would be similar.

I'm not sure why this is, unless either Saltire Energy are being milked for every penny for their sponsorships, Aberdeen FC tops are a runaway fashion hit in Northwest China, or the northeast mafia is laundering the proceeds of their rowie trafficking rackets through AFC.

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

So Hibs get bigger crowds than us but can't pay higher wages?

7 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Indeed. It's a curiosity I'd like to get to the bottom of, but Hibs' accounts aren't transparent enough in their breakdown of income to suss out what the main difference is. By comparing with Hearts, who are probably similar to Hibs, other than the £2 million bung they get each year from some closet jambo, it seems that Aberdeen gets a lot more money in from "sponsorship" and "commercial" activities than would ordinarily be expected from a team of their size. The gate receipts from both Aberdeen and Hearts are roughly what I'd expect and I'd guess Hibs would be similar.

I'm not sure why this is, unless either Saltire Energy are being milked for every penny for their sponsorships, Aberdeen FC tops are a runaway fashion hit in Northwest China, or the northeast mafia is laundering the proceeds of their rowie trafficking rackets through AFC.

"I don't know why" would have been shorter.

On 12/07/2019 at 20:48, DumbartonBud said:

I was in Aberdeen yesterday so took in the game. 

The Fins looked tidy and I do think they will score at home. 

Aberdeen should have been out of sight but poor finishing killed them, I can’t remember the keeper making anything other than routine saves. 

Not seeing the love for McGinn, didn’t think he contributed very much, goal aside, Logan was really poor, seems to think he is better than he is and messed up the simple stuff. I was impressed by Ferguson though. 

Aberdeen should have enough to go through but I think they will need to score. 

Looks like I called it about right. 

Good luck in the next round. 

15 hours ago, Aim Here said:

AFC make a lot of money through corporate - there are boxes all along the RDS and the original ones at back of Main Stand, .  Then outdoor corporate areas in both too.

I'm not a huge fan of it, as I prefer to go to games with my mates - but when I have taken an invite, it's a good day out and they make a good job of it.  There are some folk in ABZ, if you are to prise them away from their EPL obsession to go to Pittodrie - then it would take a corporate freebie to do so.  

At the last game of the season, I looked around Easter Road, and there wasn't much evidence of the scale of operation we run in that respect.

I've done corporate at the HIV-dome, and it is a bit meh!  But in fairness, I've done corporate in the likes of ManUre etc, and I always find it a bit meh!

HIVs were also hampered by the fact that their guest of honour was Andy Goram.  Surprisingly he lived up to expectations, he is as big a knvt in the flesh as you imagine!

When he spoke about his time at Hubs, he said it was 'good until ah got sacked' (hilarious), then proceded to speak about his time at DeadRangers!  (I shyt you not)!

Also at his table was that complete and utter knvt Gordon Smith, so two lumps of merde for the price of one!

Yours, bunch of corporate erse!

aDONis

18 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Aberdeen's target audience consists mainly of oil barons and landed gentry rather than glue sniffing schemies so there's more disposable income per punter. Simple economics. 

It doesn't make us better people. That's just a coincidence.