The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Thought that was an exciting performance tbh. We looked pacey and dynamic going forward, and fairly solid at the back (minus the goatfuck at the end). Considering we started and played most of the match without 4 probable first picks in Leigh, Bryson, McLennan, and Wilson.

Hedges reminds me a lot of McGinn. Great technique and movement, quick enough without being lightning.

Gallagher reminds me a lot of Hayes. Bags of energy, pace, and loves taking players on.

Wright looked like he really may be capable of holding down the no.10 role. He's looked like that before though, and then goes missing for 10 games.

Some of our build up play was truly superb, albeit the opposition were probably about the level of Dundee Utd.

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

He’s on loan from the MLS. Only until January at the moment as well.

I'm hoping given the whole Dave Cormack tie with Atlanta United, that the point of this loan is with a view to a permanent move. That said, we're yet to see how he will fair with thugs like St. Johnstone and Hamilton kicking lumps out of him every weekend.

Enjoyed that last night for first game season ...  we will score few over there . aye they were nae that great but we played some tidy fitba and great see Mcginn looking sharp,    as on his day one the best in Scotland .        Gallagher looking like he will be a regualr  this season ,     cant wait see Byrson in there as well and Leigh at left back 

Like the look of Hedges all positives with new signings   .,   Regards  Scott wright i  can see going out in loan .   Wilson could easily fill that role..   couple more weeks and we will be in great shape.

I'm hoping given the whole Dave Cormack tie with Atlanta United, that the point of this loan is with a view to a permanent move. That said, we're yet to see how he will fair with thugs like St. Johnstone and Hamilton kicking lumps out of him every weekend.

You must be joking, have you actually watched your shower of hammerthowers.

9 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Gallagher looks like the next Fraser, hope he is on a long contract for your sake.

He was brilliant. Hasn't played much top level football though. Was constantly being talked through the game when the ball was out of play at corners etc.

I really enjoyed that last night.

Thought for a first outing we looked full of energy. That tie could and really should be out of sight. Still players to come in like Bryson, the early signs are promising.

The brain fart at the end is a slight concern and has made for an uncomfortable trip over there. I think they are shite though so we really shouldn’t be fearing it.

Beautiful finish from McGinn btw, going back to the discussion in here the other day about him. That sort of finish is what he can do and very few others in the team can.

I thought McGinn was the best player on the pitch. Superb finish for the first goal and carried a constant threat. He will be one of the first names on the teamsheet if he keeps that up and stays fit. Hedges was also very good. 

Gallagher was very lively, especially in the second half, although maybe lacked a little bit of quality with the ball at times. Certainly enough to think that we have a useful player, but I'd wait to see how he shapes up against better opposition before getting too carried away. He could certainly be an asset when games become stretched and opposition defenders are tired. 

Wright didn't fully grasp his chance for me, again. An opportunity against poor opposition to show what he has to offer other than fancy moments here and there, but didn't feel there was enough substance to his play. Struggle to see him holding down a regular place. 

Edited by DrewDon

I thought McGinn was the best player on the pitch. Superb finish for the first goal and carried a constant threat. He will be one of the first names on the teamsheet if he keeps that up and stays fit. Hedges was also very good. 
Gallagher was very lively, especially in the second half, although maybe lacked a little bit of quality with the ball at times. Certainly enough to think that we have a useful player, but I'd wait to see how he shapes up against better opposition before getting too carried away. He could certainly be an asset when games become stretched and opposition defenders are tired. 
Wright didn't fully grasp his chance for me, again. An opportunity against poor opposition to show what he has to offer other than fancy moments here and there, but didn't feel there was enough substance to his play. Struggle to see him holding down a regular place. 

I’ve been convinced for a while that Scott Wright just isn’t good enough. Disappointing but he’s just not kicked on enough.

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I really enjoyed that last night.

Thought for a first outing we looked full of energy. That tie could and really should be out of sight. Still players to come in like Bryson, the early signs are promising.

The brain fart at the end is a slight concern and has made for an uncomfortable trip over there. I think they are shite though so we really shouldn’t be fearing it.

Beautiful finish from McGinn btw, going back to the discussion in here the other day about him. That sort of finish is what he can do and very few others in the team can.

We played really well, just a sickener losing that goal.

We played really well, just a sickener losing that goal.

Yeah I was raging at the time. It looked so easy for them.

I spent all of the second half begging us to get a 3rd to put it to bed so for it to finish 2-1 was a massive kick in the balls.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I was raging at the time. It looked so easy for them.

I spent all of the second half begging us to get a 3rd to put it to bed so for it to finish 2-1 was a massive kick in the balls.

I thought Hedges played well. Looked a bit embarassed at his two minute round of applause when he was substituted though 😂

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I thought Hedges played well. Looked a bit embarassed at his two minute round of applause when he was substituted though 😂

That's a consquence of those new 'nearest point' sub rules devised after a couple of bottles of malt at the Marcliffe by Infantino and co.

Just wait until Ryan Jack is subbed at Pittodrie and has to do a similar walk.....