The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I am surprised/impressed we have the money/week sloshing around to still even be in the hunt for GMS at this point as opposed to having it ear marked for other positions

That's because I'e just renewed my DNA membership.  You never know, that extra 216 quid might just be enough to swing it.

Those training in BoD this afternoon:

1 Lewis
2 Logan
4 Considine
6 Devlin
9 Main
10 McGinn
11 Hedges
14 Taylor
15 Wright
16 Cosgrove
17 May
18 McLennan
19 Ferguson
20 Cerny
22 F. Ross
23 E. Ross
24 Campbell
25 Anderson
26 Virtanen
27 S. Ross
30 Rogers

no sign of
McKenna (presumably 5) will be granted extra time because of the Scotland matches
Gleeson - end of the road for him
Bryson - no contract until 1/7/19 but club hoping to get him released

56 minutes ago, d31 said:

Those training in BoD this afternoon:

30 Rogers

no sign of
McKenna (presumably 5) will be granted extra time because of the Scotland matches
Gleeson - end of the road for him
Bryson - no contract until 1/7/19 but club hoping to get him released

1) semi surprised Rogers is still there but fair enough. How much longer has he got on his contract? I’d imagine he’d be getting farmed out again.

2) Probably shouldn’t be but I’m slightly surprised Gleason wasn’t out there. Thought they’d have put it down to difficult first season seen as he, at least in my mind, seemed to be playing more of a part towards the end of the season.

3) Good management in terms of GMS. Feel like he’ll have been given until, for example, the end of the week or month to make a decision or move on. He’s decent, but definitely not worth making too big a deal of.

I expected gleeson to go this summer but thought it would be deadline day once we were happy with our transfers.

Rogers has a one year deal.

I would think Gleeson, May, Rogers and Wright are all on thin ice

If fit Bryson will be a step up from Shinnie. Not sure how fit he will be and when he last played? Apparently Naismith waiting on a final payment at end of June from Norwich which will then free him up to sign for his new club. I'm told the payment is around £160K before tax so kind of a big deal for him if true.

We still look light as far as full back and defensive midfield cover goes. Don't like saying it but as far as squad goes we need to replace Dom Ball. Would like to see exciting forward player signed, but if Hedges comes good, McLennan continues to play well, I'm sure McGinn can play through the middle and we have either Main or Cosgrove up front. We should be good to go early on so long as we get the signings done before we get properly underway

5 hours ago, MickeyMonkeybollocks said:

We still look light as far as full back and defensive midfield cover goes. Don't like saying it but as far as squad goes we need to replace Dom Ball. Would like to see exciting forward player signed, but if Hedges comes good, McLennan continues to play well, I'm sure McGinn can play through the middle and we have either Main or Cosgrove up front. We should be good to go early on so long as we get the signings done before we get properly underway

Would say we are more than light at full back especially at left back. Getting someone in to play there should be a priority and needs to be done before Europa league starts. 

7 hours ago, MickeyMonkeybollocks said:

I think Virtanen is taking his place.

What is it about Aberdeen/Hamilton, Hamilton/Aberdeen matches and the SPFL computer. I don’t have the figures to hand , but it seems to me that the vast majority of these matches have been scheduled for midweek in recent years, and two out of the three next season are on Wednesdays.

What is it about Aberdeen/Hamilton, Hamilton/Aberdeen matches and the SPFL computer. I don’t have the figures to hand , but it seems to me that the vast majority of these matches have been scheduled for midweek in recent years, and two out of the three next season are on Wednesdays.

They almost always have been in recent years. 17/18 we didn't but the season before and last season we did. What I wonder is why the midweek rounds are always the same fixture. Is there a reason it can't be Hamilton for the first mid-week game then St Mirren the next?