The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well spotted. But that would value the remainder of the company at £4.66M 

Which is why I used "realistically"

Depends on your minority discount.

A 30% holding could easily be discounted at up to 60%, implying a value of about £15m (eta-£16.3m, durbrain) which is there or thereabouts the net assets of the group. 

I doubt it will be someone entirely new though. 

Edited by coprolite

Regards Ball   pretty obvious  he was going be squad player ,   probably thinks he should be a first pick,   but not good enough.

He  will get a side in league 1 i would iamgine , rumours his bird wanting go back down the road . dont think  the support bothered about this. he is forgotten about already.

Bit of a pity. He's a reliable but limited squad player and proved some useful versatility last season. Some very good performances in big games, too. Wouldn't want him ideally as a regular starter, but I'd rather have got him than a couple of others we've signed so far, no question. 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Bit of a pity. He's a reliable but limited squad player and proved some useful versatility last season. Some very good performances in big games, too. Wouldn't want him ideally as a regular starter, but I'd rather have got him than a couple of others we've signed so far, no question. 

He'd have been on a decent wage at Rotherham and looking to get as close to it as possible. No way should we break the bank for a squad player. Happy enough to see him go, despite thinking he's a decent player.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I can see Bryson joining and it wouldnt surprise me if he was unveiled as captain

It would surprise me. 

I was thinking that it must be pretty rare for a new player to come in as captain. I could think of Hartley but don't recall if he was captain straight away. 

I was unable to find a list of past captains to check though so I could be speaking shite. 

Bryson seems to have been a first pick for Derby when fit, so doesn't seem likely. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It would surprise me. 

I was thinking that it must be pretty rare for a new player to come in as captain. I could think of Hartley but don't recall if he was captain straight away. 

I was unable to find a list of past captains to check though so I could be speaking shite. 

Bryson seems to have been a first pick for Derby when fit, so doesn't seem likely. 

Hartley would be the only one in last 20 years so presumably the only one ever.

As additional trivia I think Kombouare was captain on his debut and occasionally but he was not the club caprain

Is Bryson too old - he is 33 this year? 

Not a chance Byrson  would be coming to be captain . Mckenna,Ferguson and Lewis all be considered well before him.

Derby fans thinks Byrson is a squad player and best days behind him  think he is 32 ?  ,  would be a decent signing though.

Coutts is the one i would love to see come in,    but think championship club  might  get him.    He had a deal with Sunderland lined up ,   but them not coming up you never know.   His agent is tony coton who is also head recruitment at Sunderland.  i was told couple weeks ago we  were signing  quality midfielder so have wait see ...it was the same guy told me hedges was signing

so maybe good news to come .

Edited by logie skid boys