The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

33 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm with Swello on this one.  Don't get me wrong, I was one of the ones who liked Curtis Main, but to get a move to Aberdeen on the back of 3 goals in 31 games?  His agent has played a blinder.

If you think back to the 2018 SC Semi at Hampden, then big Curtis & Bad News Bowman absolutely ragdolled Arnasson & McKenna so maybe he wants to pair him up with Cosgrove next season and change the style a wee bit.  I don't know.

I wish him all the best.  His performances in his first six months were great for us, but this season he looked like he would rather be anywhere else - he looked disinterested and frustrated.  I was under the impression he wanted to head back down south but I suppose if Aberdeen come calling, it'll be difficult to turn down.  It's not a signing that will take Aberdeen to a different level though.

The thing that might give us a bit of hope  is that when we signed Cosgrove he had scored 1 goal in 33 senior games, and this season he has scored 21 goals in 50 games. He’s certainly no Messi, but 21 goals, and they weren’t all penalties, is a fair return and means that we shouldn’t be writing Main off.

This seems like a bizarre signing to me tbh. I could maybe see this making sense if Aberdeen were bringing him in as an option to offer something totally different from their other forwards, but as it stands he's stylistically probably somewhere between Cosgrove and May but significantly worse than both.  

I tried to make excuses for him during his initial barren spell, but 3 league goals in 40+ games since his purple patch for us just suggests he's not up to it at this level tbh. 

There's a chance he manages to click at Aberdeen like he first did with us, scores 15 and makes us all look like dicks, but I wouldn't bet on it.

We have the best goalkeeper in the league , Devlin gets fit pre season  we have the best centre  back pairing in the league .
Lowe comes back we have the best left back in the league  .   Mcginn and Mclennan out wide are  as good as anybody in this league and  we have a centre foward 
that has banged in 21 goals. 

Do you genuinely believe all that pish? Haha fucking hell. You sound like a rangers fan

Logan signing  aye okayish but need someone in to challenge for his position.Taylor  oh ffs and Motherwells  Curtains Main Noooooooooo.Man i a need some cheering up it's meh to downright depressing so far.

Offer Taylor and Main sweeties so no loss financially or GTF.  Jesus right i'm off to crack open that bottle of Glenfiddich 15yr  i am in serious need of cheering up,seldom ever been this disheartened.

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Do you genuinely believe all that pish? Haha fucking hell. You sound like a rangers fan

Of course i believe it .    and  before you pop up again   can you  stop tucking your jumpers  into your jeans .      most horrific looking support i have ever came across

Anyway   why   did  kincorths     Andy Smith start speaking like  a squealing  weegie .. outrageous

Of course i believe it .    and  before you pop up again   can you  stop tucking your jumpers  into your jeans .      most horrific looking support i have ever came across
Anyway   why   did  kincorths     Andy Smith start speaking like  a squealing  weegie .. outrageous

Have not got a clue what you are on about.

Joe lewis is a cracking goalie. Would take mcgregor over him though.

Devlin & mckenna - decent centre half pairing when devlin is fit

Tiernay is easily better than lowe

Mcginn and mclennan being as good as any wide players in the league is laughable.

Dont really rate cosgrove. Had a good season scoring wise which cant be knocked. But time
Will tell how he does next season.

Lewis ferguson is a cracking player

If we’re trying to sign Main , I think it’s more likely to be as a replacement for Cosgrove, rather than a partner. I think we’ll cash in on Cosgrove while his stock is reasonably high, if there’s any serious offer for him and I’ve got a feeling that McInnes and the board are anticipating an offer coming in.

That said , McInnes will use the option of playing them as a pair if we sign Main and Cosgrove stays with us.

1 minute ago, A96 said:

If we’re trying to sign Main , I think it’s more likely to be as a replacement for Cosgrove, rather than a partner. I think we’ll cash in on Cosgrove while his stock is reasonably high, if there’s any serious offer for him and I’ve got a feeling that McInnes and the board are anticipating an offer coming in.

That said , McInnes will use the option of playing them as a pair if we sign Main and Cosgrove stays with us.

Cosgroves best run of form came when he had May running around like a dafty up beside him.

If we can get Main doing the same (bearing in mind he's stronger and probably faster) then it could work.

3 minutes ago, A96 said:

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Cosgroves best run of form came when he had May running around like a dafty up beside him.

If we can get Main doing the same (bearing in mind he's stronger and probably faster) then it could work.

That is what i am thinking  and  I  can see Stevie May  going out on loan.  

3 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

That is what i am thinking  and  I  can see Stevie May  going out on loan.  

More likely he’ll be asked to be the partner for Main or Cosgrove , in the hope that he recaptures the form of that halcyon period. The second half against Livingston when we won 3-2 , I think it was.

With Curtis Main you guys will get a hardworker who always knocks his pan in however there is a few disadvantages about him imo. Not consistent enough is one never looked like scoring at all this season one bit , second he has a touch like an elephant his ball control is terrible and is also seen running around like a headless chicken. Don't get me wrong he was really good when he first joined us but he hasn't managed to keep that up.

There is a reason why Robinson released him the guy aint daft. If you were to ask me as a Motherwell supporter who I would prefer between Curtis Main or Ryan Bowman who are both identical players near enough I would say Ryan Bowman...

1 minute ago, ken es said:

Why not keep em both..........................pretty please.

Now down to none of them. Said it all when Main was getting kept out the team by the young lad James Scott...

5 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Sounds like Main downed tools ,   superb  he will be raring go once he is at the famous .  bye bye stevie may  random guy  will drive you home .

Alternatively, he's had one good three month spell in a 12 year career.