The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, ah-dee said:
8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Wouldn’t say he was an out and out winger.

The st mirren game in the league cup he played centrally he was excellent but again it was against a dreadful st mirren.

In terms of wing play he’s more of an “inside forward” in that he likes to cut in off the left onto his right foot.

Watch the stenhousemuir highlights to see what he’s capable of but also observe the defending is pretty dreadful. When defences aren’t as generous he struggles.

at least hes direct and seems willing to take a man on. something we have been lacking. looks from those highlights that he is very right footed hence always cutting in. makes a player easy to defend against. ive only seen him a few times but looks an improvement on calvin miller so upwards for us i hope! thanks for the feedback anyway

He has all the talent in the world but prone to hiding after some rough treatment. 

He could really kick on when he realises he's not made of glass.

God our support are a strange bunch, when we sign squad fillers like Monakana and the like, it's F off McInnes, play the yoofs min. This window he gets Anderson and Wright game time by letting them out on loan and also appears to trust the remaining youngsters by not signing aforementioned squad fillers and it's F off McInnes, why didn't we sign anyone.

Tansey, forrester and Reynolds have effectively not been part of the squad this season. They are no loss, Anderson going leaves us with 3 strikers, we normally play one. Wright going leaves us with GMS, mcginn, Stewart, Mclennan plus May can drop deeper and Ferguson can push forward. Defensive midfield we have four options in ball, gleeson, Shinnie and Ferguson. Plus Campbell to cover.
Across the back we have Logan, hoban, Lowe, consi, McKenna, Devlin, plus the option to drop ball and Shinnie back.
It's a fairly balanced squad and by the looks of things we weren't really in the market for anything other than squad fillers. The squad we have has proven that it's good enough to challenge and maintain a challenge for the top 2, McInnes has proven that too. Were any of the names we were linked with liable to significantly improve us to the stage where second was a certainty, no. We are not in the market for those types of player. I still firmly believe we will finish second. Three wins in the next 8 days and we are second and in a cup quarter final. Coyr.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

We don’t play 1 striker though. Through the good run we had in December we pretty much always played Cosgrove and May. Now we often play with a combination of May, Cosgrove and Stewart. Which is three of the four striker options we have. We have four centre halves of which three have spent significant time out this season injured and of our four wingers two have spent significant time out injured, one of whom has his eye on the exit and hasn’t looked the same player since his injury. Hopefully that changes over time and he and the other injured players don’t flair up again but having as thin and injury prone squad as this is a risk no matter how you look at it.

I would barisic is better than lowe (halliday was just filling in there). Goldson is better than devlin. Kent is better than the three of the individuals named above

Goldson better than Devlin [emoji23][emoji23]🤪🤪🤡🤡🤪🤪[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Good one mate.

53 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Lewis and Cosgrove off injured. So predictable that would happen given our dismal deadline day.

Yeah that’s right. You sign nomarks on deadline day to cover for two injuries that you know are going to happen at the weekend.

44 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/fergie-wants-new-dons-deal-signed-asap/?fbclid=IwAR2CzJDDxNb1T38v-ch3qcKW

JFDI

Predict this boy will be a full internationalist by this time next year and go on to play at highest level  (so f**k you **** who think he'll come to you ).

He'll double his wage and extend by an extra year, hardly some uber sign of commitment 

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He's already signed until 2022. Not sure how much longer you expect us to sign him to?

RandomGuy doesn’t think that having signed until 2022 is a sign of commitment. Anyone doing that at St Johnstone should be committed.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

RandomGuy doesn’t think that having signed until 2022 is a sign of commitment. Anyone doing that at St Johnstone should be committed.

I've only recently joined this forum, have lurked for a bit. He always seems to complain about Aberdeen.

No idea what his problem is.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've only recently joined this forum, have lurked for a bit. He always seems to complain about Aberdeen.

No idea what his problem is.

You’ll see a lot of him and TreeHouseTam on Aberdeen threads. Obsessed.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll double his wage and extend by an extra year, hardly some uber sign of commitment 

Well worthy of wage increase. 

Under contract to summer 2023 if he extends ?

Whats not to like ?

Do I smell jealousy ?

Remind me who the Fermers equivalent is ?

Ultimately it’s a totally pointless debate so it’s odd that an Airdrie fan is so keen to engage in it.

Personally I think it’d be a fairly even split in terms of first XI of the two clubs.

It was just a comment that caught my attention