The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

That means Aberdeen have never been a big club.  Literally several thousand more people pay to watch hearts every week than do Aberdeen, there's just no getting away from that.  They're a significantly bigger club, got relegated and still hosed your crowds.
With the stadium, facilities, training ground, fan ownership and healthy finances, hearts exist in what is Dreamland for Aberdeen.

Hiya Elixir!

Hiya pal!

Enjoy yer chocolate eggs.

17 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Hearts average attendance at Tynecastle this season 16640 compared to 15730 for Aberdeen. Considering the extra away fans they allow and get at Tynecastle, I fail to see how they get 3500 more.

Your average was 12640 last season.  4000 less than hearts.  And less than 10k in 2012.   Lame.

This season will be the fifth in a row where both of the Edinburgh giants have finished below Aberdeen, in some cases not even finishing in the same division! Questions must surely be asked as to why these plucky northern upstarts have been allowed to consistently better these two massive clubs from the capital.

18 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The stars are laughable.  One is for a one off game that isn't even a real trophy.  And the other was simply luck from having a brilliant manager for a wee while almost forty years ago, you didn't win that for being a big club.

Minter.

It sticks in your throat that at a time when United were at their best, the Dons were even better doesn't it.

Delighted to say that debates about which club is bigger, using some vague notion of trophies and attendances and other misc factors are FUCKING BRILLIANT, especially when both Edinburgh clubs are being represented by some Dundonian VL and it's clogging up our usually mercifully quiet Dandies thread. 
I love it. 
(in case you didn't realise, I was being sarcaastic)
(well  duh)

Possibly the most tragic bit is the prospect of him turning up on the Hearts or Hibs Threads in a few weeks time telling everyone that Aberdeen are totally gigantic compared to the Capital Clubs

I will be genuinely gutted the day that Shinnie leaves Aberdeen. Excellent player, who is almost always contributing something positive even when he isn't at his best. I hope, at very least, we can hold onto him until the end of next season. I wouldn't be surprised if Championship clubs begun sniffing about him though, as he's more than good enough to succeed at that sort of level.

6 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Minter.

It sticks in your throat that at a time when United were at their best, the Dons were even better doesn't it.

That and the fact that the Super cup was a two legged final at the time shows how half hearted his trolling attempts are. 

On 3/31/2018 at 09:28, lubo_blaha said:

Fair enough if fans want to sign up to it, I just think it’s a rip off. Spending £12/18 a month to get a few discounts which encourage you to spend more money. It will probably be a success in terms of money raised but it doesn’t sit right with me. The club know what they can get away with and despite gross mismanagement over the last 25 years at board level there is very little scrutiny from the fans because we’re doing quite well on the pitch just now.

Yule identified this as a way to garner extra income at the start of the season when raising the point that our ST sales were lower than other sides. For fans based abroad or away from Aberdeen it can be a good way to contribute but it seems like a significant financial commitment for little in return.

I think Aberdeen would have done this regardless of the ST sales - Hibs and Hearts are rasing over £500,000 a season doing this and I think Aberdeen is just copy them to keep financially ahead of them. 

I  would disagree with the gross mismanagement going with the last 3 years financial figures - think we are a well run club now although that could be shattered with the next financial figures. 

Edited by betting competition

22 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

This season will be the fifth in a row where both of the Edinburgh giants have finished below Aberdeen, in some cases not even finishing in the same division! Questions must surely be asked as to why these plucky northern upstarts have been allowed to consistently better these two massive clubs from the capital.

Yet still more fans pay the watch them.  Wonder why that is eh.

I think Aberdeen would have done this regardless of the ST sales - Hibs and Hearts are rasing over £500,000 a season doing this and I think Aberdeen is just copy them to keep financially ahead of them. 
I  would disagree with the gross mismanagement going with the last 3 years financial figures - think we are a well run club now although that could be shattered with the next financial figures. 

Yule mentioned it at the start of the season that they’d need to raise funds using other means since we didn’t sell as many season tickets. It’s been in the pipeline for a while. I’m not aware of the Hibs scheme but the Hearts one is significantly different in that the fans are actually getting a stake in the club from it through FoH. I would’ve liked to have seen our system run by DST or another body independent to the club but that would involve AFC actually engaging with their supporters.

Over 20+ years Milne and the board ran up an astronomical debt and gave us more bottom 6 than top 6 finishes until McInnes came round. We were outperformed by the likes of Kilmarnock across the SPL era due to the shambolic decisions made. In that time as well they have failed to provide an acceptable training and stadium solution whilst neglecting Pittodrie. I would see that as mismanagement.