The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

We get money for a player who was going to leave for free. We keep said player until the end of the season as we would’ve anyway. He instantly trebles his wage. His new club bring him in at the end of the season when they need him. Everybody wins.

Plus, there's hundreds of Rangers fans on Twitter sayings he's shite and they never wanted him, despite nobody mentioning them. 

Fingers crossed he scores the winner against them. 

The boo boys only have Considine left now, perhaps?

Think it's a good bit of business by the club. McLean isn't obliged to renew his contract and seems to have been quite transparent and up front about everything. We're getting some money for him, and don't have to do any panic loan or rushed deal at this point as we can have a look in the summer. Seems pretty positive to me.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Absolutely bizarre that Norwich have agreed to this. I dont rate him much but play getting money for him and basically seeing out his contract.

It's literally exactly what Celtic done with Morgan. 

Echo the comments of others on here, it's about as good a deal as you could hope for. Out of interest, anyone know how much St Mirren are due, if anything in terms of sell on fees? 

I'm delighted he's gone to Norwich, they're one of the teams I look out for in England. Seem to be on a pretty even keel these days, so hopefully he'll get a good crack of the whip. Reunited with James Maddison next season, if he's still there, which is nice. I'd love to see him do well to be honest. A player who has been up and down while with us, but when he's good he's really good. Scored some good goals too. I'm more delighted that he's not gone straight to the ****, purely for his legacy. 

It fucks me off that Aluko ended up there after leaving us. The fewer players like that, the better. 

(Before anyone comments that Aluko was shite and gutless and never bothered his arse, I know. But I was 14 and he scored against fucking Bayern Munich. I loved the dude.)

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Its not as Aberdeen aren't due any development fee. We basically have agreed a development  fee in advance and are most likely picking up his wages.

Perhaps. Celtic and Norwich both paid money in January to secure the player for next season though, as both are aware that PCAs aren't binding contracts. Circumstances are different due to ages, but the principle is the same.

Definitely a good move for him and us.

Would echo the sentiments around him not quite achieving all he could with us (hopefully can help rectify that with a cup winners medal), but when he was on his game he was unplayable.

Honestly never knew PCA’s weren’t binding, just assumed that St Johnstone were good c***s and ripped up the Brittain agreement due to his personal issues at the time. Rather than him having the right to withdraw from it.

9 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Honestly never knew PCA’s weren’t binding, just assumed that St Johnstone were good c***s and ripped up the Brittain agreement due to his personal issues at the time. Rather than him having the right to withdraw from it.

Celtic have ripped up a PCA aswell, when the player got injured, its not particularly common, but theres plenty of examples of it happening. We actually got money from Ross County for Brittain, which arguably makes him our best signing of the decade, as it gave us the money which meant we could afford Wotherspoon

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm the same, didn't realise they weren't binding.

They are binding.  However the reality is that if you are paying someone for their services and they no longer wish to provide them, do you force them to.  It all comes down to how determined either party is to take the matter further.

On 1/22/2018 at 18:00, lubo_blaha said:

We get money for a player who was going to leave for free. We keep said player until the end of the season as we would’ve anyway. He instantly trebles his wage. His new club bring him in at the end of the season when they need him. Everybody wins.

Except Rangers. Who are raging.