The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

We announced who was leaving the U20s ages ago: Jamie Henry, Aaron Norris, Robbie Mutch, Dylan Thomas, Joe Nuttall.

Aye min hence why I said 5 youngsters. They'll only get a token mention in the statement because you say its already been announced

This has been an excellent season, have absolutely loved going to Pittodrie - great to be able to travel through to Aberdeen every other week full of confidence for once. Oh, and my wee lad's obsession took off properly. The boy is Dons daft. 7 years old, walking to Hampden with other Dons fans, getting songs going. Wee dude. "We don't give a fudge, whoever you may be..." :lol:

2 hours ago, Reina said:

This has been an excellent season, have absolutely loved going to Pittodrie - great to be able to travel through to Aberdeen every other week full of confidence for once. Oh, and my wee lad's obsession took off properly. The boy is Dons daft. 7 years old, walking to Hampden with other Dons fans, getting songs going. Wee dude. "We don't give a fudge, whoever you may be..." :lol:

Hahaha my da still can't bear to sing the sweary words in front of me, I'm fucking 23 min!

On 5/28/2017 at 17:29, d31 said:

I dont expect any under contract players to leave because I dont seriously believe (see Cardiff, Jan 2017) that anyone will come in and blow us away with their offer for an AFC player i.e. start negotiations at £1m

14 players will be announced as leaving tomorrow.

5 youngsters - normal turnover probably replaced by school leavers and maybe a couple of punts from young guys released from eng prem clubs

Alexander - Rogers comes back as a straight replacment. Probably some wages saved too.

Lennox - no need to replace. Wages saved.

Taylor - We need a new commanding centre half but there are no obvious candidates.

Jack - is replaced by Tansey who might not be as skillful but offers a few different things to Jack. Could be a good change.

McGinn - Dons targeting Shaun Maloney to replace McGinn though there would have to be an understanding he wont be doing quite as much work as Niall does for the team

Shankland - This is where the extra budget might need to be used. A new senior striker. Boyce? May? 

Smith - no need to replace as we have Wright and Ross coming through

Pawlett - someone likes James Craigen from Falkirk could be an interestig squad player

Christie - Would be absolutely brilliant if we could get him back either on loan or permanent. Would be pushing for this.

So

Tansey signed already

Rogers recalled from Falkirk

Shaun Maloney on a free

Christie on a season long loan

James Craigen or similar on a free

Dominant and experince centre half 

New striker

And you said it with such authority too.

I have a horrible feeling this summer could get messy for Aberdeen.

Losing Jack, McGinn and Pawlett wasn't ideal but they are all relatively replaceable.

Losing Hayes and McLean on top of that would be terrible but rebuilding jobs need to happen sometimes.

However if we also lose McInnes as well as all those players we could be in quite the clusterfuck if we don't work quickly and get the replacement right.

FFS :( 

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Losing Jack, McGinn and Pawlett wasn't ideal but they are all relatively replaceable.

Losing Hayes and McLean on top of that would be terrible but rebuilding jobs need to happen sometimes.

However if we also lose McInnes as well as all those players we could be in quite the clusterfuck if we don't work quickly and get the replacement right.

FFS :( 

You lot are fucked if you do lose a few of your players because we've got no one decent for you to sign ;)

Still think that you will have a go for Meekings and I've long said that you need a horrible b*****d like Draper in the middle of the pitch. I doubt we'd ask for much for him either now we're down. Both would improve Aberdeen a lot.

The sad demise of this team in terms of them breaking up is going to hurt, a lot. Being 25, this is the first Aberdeen team I can truly say that I have been proud of since McInnes came in, with the club punching at a level I feel it should do, getting to the latter stages of cups and being in Europe.

Unfortunately, like a number of Aberdeen teams before (69-71 Turnbull team, 76-78 McLeod and McNeill team, 91-94 Smith and Miller team), they are going to receive scant reward for their talents, and that is the gulf between us and the OF personified, same with the Edinburgh clubs, very good teams more often than not get scant reward due to the OF dominance.

McGinn, Jack and Taylor going must be replaced in some way. Looking at it, we need one centre half, a striker to replace the struggling Storey, a winger to replace McGinn to give Wright time to develop and a creative midfielder at best. Hayes, McLean and Lewis should more than likely receive attention too, so it is up to the club to be strong with any fees.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

You lot are fucked if you do lose a few of your players because we've got no one decent for you to sign ;)

Still think that you will have a go for Meekings and I've long said that you need a horrible b*****d like Draper in the middle of the pitch. I doubt we'd ask for much for him either now we're down. Both would improve Aberdeen a lot.

Draper is an effective hatchet man, but an absolute donkey when he has the ball. Wouldn't suit our team at all.

I hope Scott Wright does give a chance as it's been a while since we've seen a youngster break through into the first team and stay there.

I'd love to see another striker come in to really challenge Rooney in terms of goals scored.  Think Sat showed up his limitations and despite 20 goals I feel his finishing has let him down a lot this season.  These things don't matter against most teams don't matter but when playing Celtic or in Europe it costs us.

Centre Half, Winger, Striker required then at the very least.

FFS [emoji20] 

These are my feelings, a shake up of the playing staff is almost exciting if I put my most optimistic hat on. Mcinnes has a way with players and can attract guys many previous managers couldn't attract on his personality and charisma. I am confident we would bring in some really good players to replace the outgoings.

However, if we lose derek with no real time to replace him properly before the EL qualifiers then I will have the fear big time.

Not too worry....[emoji6]

69109-tearful-jimmy-calderwood-leaves-aberdeen.jpg.04db5b271c3916234cd33c8034be4cff.jpg

To*

[emoji6]

If we re appointed James 'it's been 10 years and no one has told me why I was sacked' calderwood I for one look forward to seeing the return of Darren mackie and derek young.

4 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

I hope Scott Wright does give a chance as it's been a while since we've seen a youngster break through into the first team and stay there.

I'd love to see another striker come in to really challenge Rooney in terms of goals scored.  Think Sat showed up his limitations and despite 20 goals I feel his finishing has let him down a lot this season.  These things don't matter against most teams don't matter but when playing Celtic or in Europe it costs us.

Centre Half, Winger, Striker required then at the very least.

Rooney is our Kris Boyd. Great in games where we will have most of the ball, but pretty useless against superior opposition. Even in the 2nd Celtic game at Pittodrie last season, where we battered them, Rooney didn't do much. It was Simon Church's physicality that caused Celtic's centre-halves all the problems that night. Same as Stockley ruffled their feathers on Saturday and in the recent league game, but then they dealt with Rooney very comfortably.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring