The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

46 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

"Conjestion" jesus christ the state of old Frank Buchan

never even got far enough to read conjestion!! Roudie was enough for me

The store is lucky as it is not often you see that miserable sod smiling!!

As for the Stadium this caper is why I hate being Aberdonian and from this area. I have never come across a more up itself set of people in all my life, here we stand with a chance to help make our only senior football club progress, to potentially become bigger, to offer jobs, facilities for the community etc and as usual the snobs and jobsworth brigade come up with reasons to want to reject it, probably the same people who reject EVERY single proposal the city has probably because it may effect things like their precious house values etc etc.

Why is it that Dundee, which for some reason is maligned unfairly by Aberdonians, is a better city than Aberdeen in pretty much everything atm can look at a new stadium being built and the reaction is largely positive yet as always in Aberdeen a huge song and dance is made about it? It took 40 years for us to get a bypass, probably be another 100 years before they dual the road to Inverness. For a City that prides itself on its affluence and links to Industry we are nothing more than a glorified town with a backwater inward way of thinking and it has to stop.

That a club the size of Aberdeen still doesn't have its own training ground, even St Mirren have one, is a total disgrace and says all you need to know about how things work up here. Quite simply this needs to happen as we need to move forward as a city and a region, lets get behind the Club and drive it forward.

3 minutes ago, troopio said:

As for the Stadium this caper is why I hate being Aberdonian and from this area. I have never come across a more up itself set of people in all my life, here we stand with a chance to help make our only senior football club progress, to potentially become bigger, to offer jobs, facilities for the community etc and as usual the snobs and jobsworth brigade come up with reasons to want to reject it, probably the same people who reject EVERY single proposal the city has probably because it may effect things like their precious house values etc etc.

Why is it that Dundee, which for some reason is maligned unfairly by Aberdonians, is a better city than Aberdeen in pretty much everything atm can look at a new stadium being built and the reaction is largely positive yet as always in Aberdeen a huge song and dance is made about it? It took 40 years for us to get a bypass, probably be another 100 years before they dual the road to Inverness. For a City that prides itself on its affluence and links to Industry we are nothing more than a glorified town with a backwater inward way of thinking and it has to stop.

That a club the size of Aberdeen still doesn't have its own training ground, even St Mirren have one, is a total disgrace and says all you need to know about how things work up here. Quite simply this needs to happen as we need to move forward as a city and a region, lets get behind the Club and drive it forward.

Bang on pal

It's fucking infuriating 

1 hour ago, troopio said:

Spot on.  I was down in Dundee last week and the amount of developments getting done there was great to see. Aberdeen there's nothing except that God awful building opposite Marischal College. 

I do enjoy reading The Say No To Kingsford FB page.  Very few valid points ever raised on it.

Aye, it's an odd one. I live in the Highlands but follow the Dons and have family and friends in Aberdeen. I read our regional version of your local rag daily and speak to folk from the city regularly. One thing always seems to stand out for me as the difference in planning. It seems to me that in Aberdeen nothing of note gets done or at best done at any pace.
In Inverness however the cooncil will let any building firm build any old shite with no strings at all it seems despite hundreds of relevant objections. Even if it looks bland or awful which it invariably does.
I too have been impressed with what's been achieved in Dundee. Impressive, forward thinking.
Three cities not too far apart with vastly different planning outlooks it seems?

It possibly shows how inconsistent the planning process across this wee country. Could be political or is there a complacency in Aberdeen?

For what it's worth I think it'll get through even if it has to go to Edinburgh.

Job done yesterday, into the cup semi final. Looking forward to it.

Does the Scottish cup do that thing where prices of both semi-finals has to be the same? With Celtic vs the New Club in the other I hope they don't use this as an excuse to put up extortionate prices.

This is our best season cup-wise since we actually won the League Cup. I reckon we'll make the final but won't have a shot at Celtic. The **** have the best chance, simply due to the OF factor. If they get to the final, we have a massive chance. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Still would be a good learning experience for the lads, and next season Celtic might be weaker and we'll have a better shot.

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Ach, shame. A good wee player on his day, and we'll always have 2014. Not irreplaceable, but leaves with fond wishes. Not sure if the English game will do him any favours though, their monster centre halves will kill him. 

Nobody puts (Peter Pawlett) baby in the corner.