The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Wouldn't be Aberdeen without someone having a negative outlook so i'll step up right after my positive post.

I fear we have seen our best bit of business this summer completed on a day that there is a blizzard.

Wouldn't be Aberdeen without someone having a negative outlook so i'll step up right after my positive post.

I fear we have seen our best bit of business this summer completed on a day that there is a blizzard.

I wouldn't say that's particularly negative, it just emphasises how well Logan has done for us that him signing up is such good news.

In other news, that Schalk rumour can be forgotten about as he's signed up with Ross County.

Fantastic news! If you look a bit deeper, it probably does say something positive about the feeling in the squad, as I doubt that he would have stayed if there were the problems within the squad that a lot of folk thought were there with our shocking October. Let's get a few quality players in now.

Being linked with a move for Hauke Wahl, a young German centre back.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/dons-eye-move-for-german-defender/

I'm guessing this is the source of the story - http://www.liga-zwei.de/sc-paderborn-fc-aberdeen-lockt-hauke-wahl/

I stumbled on a Web site via Google whilst at work showing some stats for this guy. His team are at the bottom of the league. He has played every minute of their 26 league games. He has only committed 7 fouls in all those games. No yellow or red cards. 85% pass completion rate.

Certainly does not sound like a hard man enforcer, more like a Ball Playing Defender from Football Manager 16. He is 6'1" and weighs in at 85kilo.

I stumbled on a Web site via Google whilst at work showing some stats for this guy. His team are at the bottom of the league. He has played every minute of their 26 league games. He has only committed 7 fouls in all those games. No yellow or red cards. 85% pass completion rate.

Certainly does not sound like a hard man enforcer, more like a Ball Playing Defender from Football Manager 16. He is 6'1" and weighs in at 85kilo.

Could complement Taylor well.

McInnes said after the St. Johnstone game that he felt that Taylor's physicality is a big part of how we win games, so maybe a more technical, ball-playing centre half alongside him would work well.

On many occasions this season we've been struggling to build any play from the back with Taylor and Reynolds taking turns to hoof it forward.

One of things that really has improved since McInnes took over is the squad contract issue.

The effect of tieing the best players up on long term deals is now showing its benefits.

With all of our key players now signed on, it gives McInnes the chance to pursue improvements - we know they're needed.

Shay staying should give us a wee boost for Saturday. Be good to wrap up second spot ahead of next week.

One of things that really has improved since McInnes took over is the squad contract issue.

The effect of tieing the best players up on long term deals is now showing its benefits.

With all of our key players now signed on, it gives McInnes the chance to pursue improvements - we know they're needed.

Shay staying should give us a wee boost for Saturday. Be good to wrap up second spot ahead of next week.

Would be nice to win just so septic don't win the title against us.

That's a brilliant piece of business by Aberdeen to get Logan tied up. I'd imagine he wouldn't have been short of offers.

It also says a lot about his character that he won't allow racists to drive him out of Scottish football.

Agreed 100%. I would go as far as saying we haven't lost any player that we really would have wanted to keep in the 6 transfer windows he's had. This is not only down to McInnes' personality, it's also down to the type of players we sign. Celtic and Hearts (and a number of other clubs) are selling clubs. They sell their clubs to players by saying "if you do well here you can get a move to England". We have players who want to be at Aberdeen long-term and we're reaping the benefits of that.