The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Ken.

I was told Shinnie was done and dusted but it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Couple of folk on the Dons forums now saying Boyd is done and dusted but I'm still struggling to picture that one coming off. Would be a brilliant signing, though.

By the way, Considine our second best Defender??

I rate him but I'd place Anderson, Reynolds and at a push even Logan ahead of Considine.

My understanding is that Derek has been on holiday, hence no movements in the last week or so

I find while on holiday I can't stop having movements

Would be great to find he had Shinnie and Boyd lined up prior to going on holiday then arrives back over a weekend and Monday first thing he's sitting with them in front of the media!

Ken.

I was told Shinnie was done and dusted but it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Couple of folk on the Dons forums now saying Boyd is done and dusted but I'm still struggling to picture that one coming off. Would be a brilliant signing, though.

Will only happen if and when McCoist stops sniffing.

Hardly happy about him leaving us but we cant blame him for wanting to join a bigger club. Im sure he will do a great job for you guys and hopefully he will help us secure a few good loan signings from you guys.

That's not really news, is it? He said as much himself a fortnight ago - he's had offers from a few clubs in Scotland.

I'm sure that's the same reporter that made out Davidson was set to sign for Aberdeen last year. Davidson responded denying it and the reporter said his story was true as he had 'quotes'. I'm sure the quotes said similar - his agent had previous held talks with Aberdeen. :rolleyes:

That's not really news, is it? He said as much himself a fortnight ago - he's had offers from a few clubs in Scotland.

agreed, been an open secret even before Boyd mentioned it that we (plus a few others) have talked to him since xmas.

i dont think we would be boyds 1st choice (mainly due to location and his budding tv career), for that reason im unsure if hes actually our first choice target either, McInnes seems to let everyone speculate about names then comes in with a random, (Goodwillie talk then Rooney appears, etc) But, if boyd said he wants to come here then we would be daft not to take him.

hopefully this summers random isnt calvin fukinzolas wee brother

I suppose the only new update is that McInnes has actually confirmed we've spoken to Boyd.

Up until now it was just speculation. Interesting as McInnes is usually quite guarded when it comes to our targets.

Have a sneaking feeling we might pull this one off :)