The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

iF Taylor is signed it will be for back up and i   got nae problem with that   funny enough his best game for us was his last  the cup final.

IF it  is to replace Mckenna then i can understand the hysteria but i very much doubt he is going to be first pick.  

Ash Taylor on the park even as back up.... ach Ken es. Ash taking ball out of defence then hoofing it to no one in particular or worse gifting possession away and now out of position bring him home it will be fun...............................for opponents. 

Relegated from League 1, then dropped, transfer-listed and contract terminated by the team 15th in League 2 since leaving us.

I'm not really buying the stuff about just being a back-up option, either; McInnes likes a thin squad and all our centre-backs have been first picks at some point this season, so not convinced he'd be coming up here just to make up the numbers.

It's just such a lazy signing, if true. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Relegated from League 1, then dropped, transfer-listed and contract terminated by the team 15th in League 2 since leaving us.

I'm not really buying the stuff about just being a back-up option, either; McInnes likes a thin squad and all our centre-backs have been first picks at some point this season, so not convinced he'd be coming up here just to make up the numbers.

It's just such a lazy signing, if true. 

Maybe Derek fancies a trip to India. :lol:

obviously  and thats the reason you wont get  quality willing come here and be back up.   folk got realise that .

If that’s the case - why not go for a younger player who at least has the potential to be better than Ash?

McKenna will be away in the next window or two. The centre back we sign will be his immediate replacement, so there’s no reason we should be pitching it as a “backup” position.

If that’s the case - why not go for a younger player who at least has the potential to be better than Ash?

McKenna will be away in the next window or two. The centre back we sign will be his immediate replacement, so there’s no reason we should be pitching it as a “backup” position.

Taylor would more likely be back up for Devlin as he’s right-sided

- or a direct challenge to the version of Devlin we got late on in the season