• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2018/19

Evening Express doing a vote on best home kit of the last 40 years.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/vote-whats-favourite-aberdeen-fc-home-kit-from-the-last-40-years/

Reminds me how cheap and nasty those Nike/JustSport kits were, especially the 2008/09 one which rightly sits near the bottom.

Dominic Ball has been released by Rotherham following their relegation to league 1.

If that's the midfielder then we should totally sign him as a squad player. 

Not interested in the right back, he was shite 

I expected Ball would sign for us before McInnes heads off to Florida on holiday for 3-4 weeks. 

I'd say if it gets to Friday 7pm with no announcement he is off to pastures new

Edit to say same for Stewart and GMS.

... I expect Frank Ross will sign before everyone breaks up for holidays

Edited by d31

16 minutes ago, d31 said:

I expected Ball would sign for us before McInnes heads off to Florida on holiday for 3-4 weeks. 

I'd say if it gets to Friday 7pm with no announcement he is off to pastures new

Edit to say same for Stewart and GMS.

... I expect Frank Ross will sign before everyone breaks up for holidays

Ha absolutely no chance on Stewart or GMS.

Ball will sign I'd suspect and there will be a lot of online seethe.

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree on GMS and Stewart was just being complete with comment.

Almost certain Monday announcement will be as follows:

Lowe, Hoban, Ball, Wilson and Stewart have returned to their parent clubs.

Reynolds (Dundee Utd), Shinnie (Derby) and GMS (Free transfer) also move on.

Roscoe and Frank Ross new contract signings

11 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Evening Express doing a vote on best home kit of the last 40 years.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/vote-whats-favourite-aberdeen-fc-home-kit-from-the-last-40-years/

Reminds me how cheap and nasty those Nike/JustSport kits were, especially the 2008/09 one which rightly sits near the bottom.

You forget the weird trend towards the late 90s/early 2000s of ridiculously oversized football strips.  I thought 2000/01's strip billowing off the back of Kevin McNaughton like a cape would be bad enough, but the picture of Zerouali and the Dundee United guy from the following season was like two kids each wearing something that belonged to their Dad.

I disagree.

I'd see him as a £1k-£2k/week squad player and I can't see how him and his agent would go for that at this point.

Not willing to entertain paying him £3k-£5k/week based on the last two seasons.

Ball will be and i hope nowhere near our best starting 11 next season..   in saying  that  he is well decent sqaud player  and no problems with him 

signing on .   he will be nowhere near our top earners if he does.

The media department are usually pretty good but these pics are part of the email promoting the game against HibsScreenshot_20190516_185142_me.bluemail.mail.jpgScreenshot_20190516_185156_me.bluemail.mail.jpgScreenshot_20190516_185207_me.bluemail.mail.jpg

Surprised he’s not signed by now, by all accounts McInnes was keen to do a deal earlier in the year.

I don’t mind Ball as much as others do, but signing someone like Grimmer (a proper RB to compete with Shay) and another midfielder who isn’t Ball would be a really easy way to be seen to be showing that we aren’t settling for “meh” next season.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

No idea how reliable the outlet is but they're saying Norwich are on the verge of signing Aberdeen and Scotland youth keeper Archie Mair who's out of contract shortly.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-norwich-city-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-aberdeen-player-after-hes-given-vip-tour/

Hmm, it's Peter O'Rourke. Good chance of it being shite.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Hmm, it's Peter O'Rourke. Good chance of it being shite.

Ah yeah never noticed that so you could well be right. Seems like a weird one to make up though.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Ah yeah never noticed that so you could well be right. Seems like a weird one to make up though.

Aye, that's what would worry me. Extremely random if not true.

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Heard from someone who knows him that he is definitely away.

Players Player Of The Year is Max Lowe.

Young Player Of The Year is Lewis Ferguson

Development Player Of The Year is Ethan Ross

Goal Of The Season is Lewis Ferguson against Burnley.