The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Also says that Shaughnessy is stalling on the contract offered.  

Take the offer off the table if he's not crawling on his hands and knees up the A90 to sign it.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

No need to apologise. He destroyed us that day and was a lesson for McKenna that he won't get it all his own way.

He scored a tap in for the first goal when a combination of Dom Ball and Kevin Clancy made brutal errors.

He then finished bonnie when Arnason tripped over himself on the half way line for the third.

It was the guy Bowman who barged  Arnason and McKenna out of the way for the second  (also looked a foul, but Arnason in particular was weak).

That semi-final was brutal - all we need to hear is that Chidi Nwakali has been signed on an emergency loan to cover Shinnie's suspension this time round.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Look at you getting all excited over a Daily Record 'gossip' story.

As had been said, Scott Burns is as reliable as they come.

35 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

He scored a tap in for the first goal when a combination of Dom Ball and Kevin Clancy made brutal errors.

He then finished bonnie when Arnason tripped over himself on the half way line for the third.

It was the guy Bowman who barged  Arnason and McKenna out of the way for the second  (also looked a foul, but Arnason in particular was weak).

That semi-final was brutal - all we need to hear is that Chidi Nwakali has been signed on an emergency loan to cover Shinnie's suspension this time round.

The whole game in general he bullied our defenders. Not specifically for goals.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The only game I can recollect him playing well in was the semi final last year, and even then we were ravaged with injury and suspension and a sitting duck for any team.

I actually had to check to see if he was still at Motherwell.

He was playing against us on Wednesday.

We've joined you in withdrawing a contract offer from Shaughnessy, btw. 

Hes on the verge of throwing years of hard work down the drain because he believes he can make it down South.

Absolute NAP he ends up at some dross League One side and vanishes.

Can't say I'd be too disappointed if our offer is withdrawn. Shaughnessy is not as good as any of the four* centre-backs we currently have at the club, and he certainly isn't good enough to be a replacement for McKenna, if that is the intention.

* Reluctantly including Hoban here. 

Edited by DrewDon

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Can't say I'd be too disappointed if our offer is withdrawn. Shaughnessy is not as good as any of the four* centre-backs we currently have at the club, and he certainly isn't good enough to be a replacement for McKenna, if that is the intention.

* Reluctantly including Hoban here. 

I'm sure McInnes confirmed in an interview that you've withdrawn your offer before your match today.

Tommy Wright confirms in a Saints TV interview that McInnes has told him Aberdeen aren't pursuing Shaughnessy anymore.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Arguably a bullet dodged for Aberdeen. He was linked with Dundee last season  and I wasn't overly enthused. He's not the CH to replace or partner McKenna, so why sign him?