The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Firstly no quotes attributable to either Shinnie, AFC or Wigan in the supposed exclusive.

That aside it has been patentedly obvious to all Aberdeen supporters that Shinnie is going to leave, so might as well get it out in the open now.

AFC survived before Shinnie and will certainly continue to do so long after Shinnie leaves.

Disappointed, would have prefered him to stay, but we move on and upwards.

Edited by Sheep62

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Have we tried telling Wigan that Murray Davidson is better? 

He's under contract, Shinnie is a nice cheap option for them.

I recall one of my less glamorous work assignments when I used to get punted all over the UK on various jobs, was a couple of months stint in Wigan.

There is a certain charm about its historic northern soul scene - but in reality it's a largely run down place with rugby league the only show in town for most locals.

The ground is nice enough inside, but fairly soulless and next to a retail park and barren wasteland.

Still, they have the legacy of time in the EPL and dosh behind them - so a relatively lucrative and pressure-free move for Shinniesta in many respects.

It's very disappointing (particularly as the club gets no fee), but at 27, this will be the difference for him between needing to make a living after football, and being able to be in a position to put his feet up and take as much time as he likes.

Edited by tarapoa

I remember when he signed. I was over the fuckin moon. I thought we’d never be able to attract a player of that quality. I also remember when he signed a contract extension, again overjoyed.
It’s better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.
I’ll be interested to see where they decide to play him.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

I remember when he signed. I was over the fuckin moon. I thought we’d never be able to attract a player of that quality. I also remember when he signed a contract extension, again overjoyed.
It’s better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.
I’ll be interested to see where they decide to play him.

Scrum-half probably

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I recall one of my less glamorous work assignments when I used to get punted all over the UK on various jobs, was a couple of months stint in Wigan.

There is a certain charm about it's historic northern soul scene - but in reality it's a largely run down place with rugby league the only show in town for most locals.

The ground is nice enough inside, but fairly soulless and next to a retail park and barren wasteland.

Still, they have the legacy of time in the EPL and dosh behind them - so a relatively lucrative and pressure-free move for Shinniesta in many respects.

It's very disappointing (particularly as the club gets no fee), but at 27, this will be the difference for him between needing to make a living after football, and being able to be in a position to put his feet up and take as much time as he likes.

Maybe we can resurrect this Northern Soul classic in his honour.

2 minutes ago, d31 said:

Little known fact but you dont actually have loans cross broder. They are transfers.

Hard to see us having a chance on that. Surely stay in EPL

I can’t see anyone besides maybe a smaller side like Huddersfield, Brighton etc having much interest in him. I’m sure quite a few in the Championship would though so would imagine that would be more far more attractive than us.

Edited by Rodhull