The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It's fine just bury your head in the sand and use examples of players doing well in league one and two.
You're right Dobbies 1 goal in every 6 at Swansea has shut me right the f**k up as has James Collins 1 goal in every two appearances in League TWO.
I'm pretty sure Partick being awful has something to do with Lyle Taylor - yet he still scored a few for them.
Players like Stephen Fletcher coming up here would have most fans creaming themselves.
Any decent championship examples?

Any reason why you’re cherry picking examples to go out of your way to shit on Scottish football?

23 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

If Celtic are wanting to loan us players we should be telling them to f**k off.

I dont really get this. I can understand telling Celtic to f*ck off with bids for their players if they dont need to sell to a rival but if a player is available that is better than what you already have (ie: Christie) then why cut your nose to spite your face. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I dont really get this. I can understand telling Celtic to f*ck off with bids for their players if they dont need to sell to a rival but if a player is available that is better than what you already have (ie: Christie) then why cut your nose to spite your face. 

Partly because developing a rival's player, then handing said player back to your rival isn't really a solid gameplan

Partly because we fucking hate you with every fibre of our being, because you're vile bigoted scum.

If you think about the Ryan Christie example a bit deeper then it’s quite obvious to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Any reason why you’re cherry picking examples to go out of your way to shit on Scottish football?

Scottish football does it itself pretty easily. Hardly cherry picking examples, our league is horrific, players come from the conference and league two and are comfortably up to standard. It's a shitfest.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you think about the Ryan Christie example a bit deeper then it’s quite obvious to be honest.

Yeah you have helped develop him but if you didnt sign him you could almost be sure you wouldn't have secured 2nd last season. The extra money from securing that could be used to signing somebody to replace him. Strangely we both think the other is being short sited for entirely different reason which is fair enough.

Yeah you have helped develop him but if you didnt sign him you could almost be sure you wouldn't have secured 2nd last season. The extra money from securing that could be used to signing somebody to replace him. Strangely we both think the other is being short sited for entirely different reason which is fair enough.

Aye kinda what others have said. Also, we could have signed another player to play in Christie’s place, we could have played Stewart there and he could have been amazing (a la this season), any number of variables could have played out. Christie wasn’t even that good last season.

In reality what actually happened is, Christie came to us, developed as a player, returned to Celtic and beat us in the cup final. I was furious and I don’t want us to do that ever again. He should have been rotting in the reserves. If Celtic feel Hendry deserves some game time at a decent level, play him yourself.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Teemu Pukki, 7 goals in Scottish top flight over a full season, 15 goals in half a Championship season.

James Maddison, 2 goals in half a season up here, 14 goals in a full season in the Championship, 5 goals in half an EPL season.

Stefan Johanson, 12 goals in 70 top flight games, 20 goals in 80 Championship games.

There's three fairly easy to remember examples. I assume you'll construe some wild excuse to point out why they've all found it easier in the Championship though.

1 hour ago, red23 said:

Scottish football does it itself pretty easily. Hardly cherry picking examples, our league is horrific, players come from the conference and league two and are comfortably up to standard. It's a shitfest.

Just ignoring the examples you wanted as they prove you're talking shite?

I think quite a few sides (in top 6) need to be wary of loaning guys just outside Celtic especially’s first team to “give them game time”, as Christie proved you’re only improving a player for someone else you are directly competing against. This is felt even more when said player isn’t allowed to play against his parent club so is damaging the competition but unavailable for the really big games you’d want him playing in. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just ignoring the examples you wanted as they prove you're talking shite?

No point debating with someone who is too biased to see the league for what it is. 

Oh yes your stand out examples of Pukki and Johanson, who were both from Celtic who are now doing "alright" 

Maddison played on the wing by McInnes as a developing youngster who clearly had loads of talent, he wasn't bought for £6 million for no reason. How quickly he improved once given a run of games was a surprise. Don't forget he couldn't get a game of Norwich before he went to Aberdeen.

21 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

This is felt even more when said player isn’t allowed to play against his parent club so is damaging the competition but unavailable for the really big games you’d want him playing in. 

This is the biggest issue for me, particularly with cup finals which there is an unfortunately high chance Celtic will be in. Having to change the team for 4-6 of your biggest games of the season - normally weakening it in the process - is simply not worth the disruption caused when we can loan/buy players from elsewhere who are available for every game.

On 12/01/2019 at 15:52, gannonball said:

I think people are wary of false dawns with centre backs coming up in Scotland of late . Which is reflected by how dire our centre backs are for the national team that McKenna is deemed a first pick. He is showing more promise though than Hendry ever has and is a miles better player so I would be happy if this rumour came to fruition.  Hendry badly needs game time if he is evet going to make it as well.

Value wise I think Souttar may be a better option but would be happy with either.

You definitely need to loan hendry out somewhere he is guaranteed to play anyway given how few games he’s still played in his career (to compare he’s played less than half that of Souttar who is a year and a bit younger).

Value wise souttar definitely would be a better option as there’s pretty much no chance we’ll sell McKenna to you for anything other than a massively high fee (I.e. 4.5m and players isn’t going to cut it). 

Birmingham manager commented that the Stewart recall is nothing to do with him and he is not back to play.

Sounds like BCFC have been notified by a club or two that they are discussing pre contract with Stewart.

Brum board have obviously seen an opportunity to make a turn selling him sooner