The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Given his versatility I wouldnt be too suprised if we were sniffing about for him. Would probably be wasted at us but we will need cover for Tierney once Izzy goes again in the summer. Central midfield wise Biton and Allan will be away, Brown possibly too.

He's not just versatile. He's captain of the club he supports, obviously first name on the teamsheet and now a Scottish internationalist.  I doubt if Shinnie would go anywhere to be cover for someone.

The Hibs 'rumour' is just utterly laughable.  But I do understand that Hibs fans are desperate to hold on to any glimmer at this moment.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Aye i always laugh when hibs and hearts  fans have this fantasy that our best players are going to leave to march to Edinburgh .

Not one would even cocnsider it  N mcginn comment was spot on...     regards Shinnie its massive loss ,  best leader since Miller 

Aye he can have his faults but the lad has given us everthing in every match he has played and dragged us threw many .

Looks like the championship is were he is going . one last big pay day for him... you never know he might have surspises and 

re sign...   who gives a shit who he suported  as a boy ..the lad has given us everything ...

34 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

He's not just versatile. He's captain of the club he supports, obviously first name on the teamsheet and now a Scottish internationalist.  I doubt if Shinnie would go anywhere to be cover for someone.

It's not something that bothers me personally, but I don't think he's ever been an Aberdeen fan. 

57 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It's not something that bothers me personally, but I don't think he's ever been an Aberdeen fan. 

He isn't and confirms it here:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/league-cup-final-inverness-star-3248507

He said: “I went to watch Aberdeen a lot as a young boy because I loved football and Pittodrie was our closest ground, even if I didn’t exactly support them.

If Shinnie goes anywhere I'd be surprised if he ended up being a back up. Unless it was at Man City.

Edited by RiG

Linked with Brentford and Hull this morning.

Either way, seems like he's for the off. One final big payday is probably a fair ambition tbh.

Good luck replacing him with ICT not being in the top flight anymore, can't even think of a similar player who's moved down South and been frozen out either. McInnes will have to rely on his scouts for that one.. 

13 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Time for Murray Davidson to finally make that move to Pittodrie 

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

latest?cb=20160509154034

I don't understand that reaction at all. Would replace a bit of dig in central midfield and add an extra bit of aerial ability in there. Would be a downgrade on shinnie but better than Gleeson or Ball. 

Unfortunately, the treatment room is full at the moment so we couldn't accomodate him.

26 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Time for Murray Davidson to finally make that move to Pittodrie 

Fits the signing policy tbf

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't understand that reaction at all. Would replace a bit of dig in central midfield and add an extra bit of aerial ability in there. Would be a downgrade on shinnie but better than Gleeson or Ball. 

Unfortunately, the treatment room is full at the moment so we couldn't accomodate him.

Davidson is one class above Darian MacKinnon (Davidson can pass the ball more than 5m). Absolutely no way should a player like either of them be near pulling on the Dons jersey.

I'm going to throw my neck out there...Gleeson could be every bit, and better, what Jack was. In the same breath, I don't think we'll miss Shinnie so much, as long as we sign a no.10.

Edited by Illgresi

If we lose Shinnie we’re fucked. He’s ace. He’s the best midfielder I’ve seen at the Dons, and probably the best leftback too.

I don’t even think his performances this season have even been bad, just compared to his own high standards. People expect so much from him.

He will be acutely missed.

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I was joking about Davidson tbf 

5 years too late 

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fits the signing policy tbf

Interested to see where a championship team would play Shinnie.

He was a good left back that has been turned into a reasonable but fairly average central midfielder.  He is wholehearted and committed, and a good leader for a team like Aberdeen, but he dives into cowardly wreckless tackles and constantly moans at the ref, which may well be an asset to some.

As a left back he was unfortunate in that his competition for caps, Tierney and Robertson, were far superior, but if he was a right back he would be worthy of Scotland selection.  Centre midfield he's nowhere near international standard.

Nobody could begrudge him a big money move because he's always given 100% and appeared to be an excellent professional. Can't see him standing out at Championship level at all, unless he is used as a left back.

He's a better passer of the ball and quicker than Murray Davidson, but poorer in the air and gets less goals. Both like getting stuck into challenges, but I'd say Murray Davidson performs better in big games, whereas Shinnie has been dominated by the likes of Scott Brown every time I've seen them match up.

I think Shinnie has suffered this season from not having a better ball-player beside him. He is good at battling hard and winning possession, but he misses having a technically better footballer like McLean alongside him to help with the aspects of his game that are more variable. Ferguson has been an excellent signing, but he is a slightly different type of player to McLean (and even Jack). Gleeson has probably looked the nearest thing we've got to plugging that gap, but his game-time has been so limited that it is difficult to offer a conclusive judgement either way. 

A few rumours on Facebook (guranteed to be utter pish of course) but Shinnie has been offered a pre contract by us. 

The funniest, most ridiculous post of 2019 so far. Will be hard to beat.

FFS.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Interested to see where a championship team would play Shinnie.

He was a good left back that has been turned into a reasonable but fairly average central midfielder.  He is wholehearted and committed, and a good leader for a team like Aberdeen, but he dives into cowardly wreckless tackles and constantly moans at the ref, which may well be an asset to some.

As a left back he was unfortunate in that his competition for caps, Tierney and Robertson, were far superior, but if he was a right back he would be worthy of Scotland selection.  Centre midfield he's nowhere near international standard.

Nobody could begrudge him a big money move because he's always given 100% and appeared to be an excellent professional. Can't see him standing out at Championship level at all, unless he is used as a left back.

He's a better passer of the ball and quicker than Murray Davidson, but poorer in the air and gets less goals. Both like getting stuck into challenges, but I'd say Murray Davidson performs better in big games, whereas Shinnie has been dominated by the likes of Scott Brown every time I've seen them match up.

You must still be pished from New Year. LOL.  :lol:

A heap of utter, bitter, jealous shite from start to finish.  Apart from the bit about being quicker and a better passer of the ball than Murray Davidson. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, G-MAN said:

The funniest, most ridiculous post of 2019 so far. Will be hard to beat.

FFS.

At least one of these stupid Fermers is trying to surpass it. 

19 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You must still be pished from New Year. LOL.  :lol:

A heap of utter, bitter, jealous shite from start to finish.  Apart from the bit about being quicker and a better passer of the ball than Murray Davidson. 

He's overrated Bob, accept it.