The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I would have kept Vernon for at least one more year before giving Shankland a chance, but I suppose we probably got the best out of him. Think he'd still be a decent signing for most prem teams (look at John Sutton after leaving Hearts).

If we can get a fee for Zola (won't hold my breath) then that might help fund a deal for someone like Shinnie. Also depends how Europe goes. If we get through a few rounds and get a money spinning tie (could actually have PSV Eindhoven as early as QR2) then that might swell the coffers a bit. Preferably we make it as far as the play- off round when the big guns enter. I remain positive we'll shock the world and make the group stages and earn a cool £million. The extra 240k from finishing 2nd would have come in handy just now though.

McInnes to West Brom rumours: I was reading one of their forums the other night, and although he's rated quite highly by some (I worked out he's the 3rd favourite with the support, well ahead of Neil Lennon who most were dead against) the general consensus is the Bristol City thing still hurts his rep down there and they want to see at least another good season at Aberdeen first. I think the club will be thinking the same way. We're probably bottom of championship/top of league one standard, so it's a big jump to go to the premiership and adjust. If they were still in Championship he'd have had a better chance as then job would be less appealing to bigger names, and he could build his own team then take them up.

Edited by La_Leyenda

As echoed by others, Vernon leaves with his head held high. His goals saved us from relegation a few years ago. And he was a huge contributor to our trophy win this season.

Logan would be good business. Wonder what else we can pull out of the bag before 3rd July.

Agree with all of Del's business there. Robson and Anderson are likely to play reduced roles next season, albeit very important roles. Low is a player I like a lot but at his age, he really has to make himself a first team regular next season or be left behind.

Scott Vernon can go with his pride intact. His goals were invaluable in battling the inherent mediocrity brought to the club by McGhee and Brown. Totally dicked about by Brown but fired in some decent goals this season. However, unfortunately not prolific enough. Still assured of his place in history thanks to his penalty in the League Cup Final!

Magennis while an honest lad isn't good enough at this level. Weaver offered very little and had to go. Tate was very meh all in.

Logan would be a solid signing but all depends on his ability to move his family north on a long term deal. Hector has been offered a deal from us too and talks seemingly productive so we'll see how that turns out. Would be a bloody fantastic signing all in. Russell's long term replacement.

Now how to deal with a problem like Zola?!

Probably because you're an idiot that talks shite? Just a guess tbh.

I would have liked low to get a 2 year deal, I think he's a good player and will play a lot more games next season. No complaints over the rest.

Genuinely wish Scott Vernon all the best, a good guy who gave 100% for the club. I think his time was up and it's the correct decision to move him on.

It'll be interesting to see where Magennis ends up.

Probably move to a bigger club like Linfield

Milne's interview on RedTV saying that discussions with the council with regard to the Loirston move and he hopes to announce plans for the stadium and training facilities in the early part of next season.

Milne's interview on RedTV saying that discussions with the council with regard to the Loirston move and he hopes to announce plans for the stadium and training facilities in the early part of next season.

Excellent news. Now that Barney is out of power, hopefully the rest of those Labour and Tory cockwombles grow up and stop getting in the way of progress for AFC and the town in general.

Particularly that tosspot Willie Young, the bitter h*n twat.