The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Pretty bad when the club gets our league position in 2012/13 season wrong!

I didn't notice it was wrong but I did actually think to myself that I didn't remember us finishing at the heady heights of 7th under Craig Brown!

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I noticed that and good to hear. Although notable by its absence was a plan to fund the new stadium. I am still keen to know what the plans are there.

I'd also like to know how they believe the new stadium will grow the turnover so much as it seems ambitious. As does their AberDNA target as from what I see/hear the numbers signed up to that seem to be dropping, not growing.

I also get the sense that club have realised a bit of unrest re Mcinnes amongst the support as they are keen to highlight everything the club has achieved in his time with us. Although I tend to agree it needs highlighted as some people can't see past the last performance on the pitch.

That's the part that jumped out at me. They mention the anticipated increase in turnover (20 to 25%) but with no indication as to how this will be achieved.

Did the club do proper costings, or did they sit around the table and pull a figure out of their heads ? I presume they did worst, best and average case scenarios for turnover growth/decrease ? 

They talk about 'transparency' in their statement, but then it reads like a wish-list and to anyone with a modicum of business intelligence it isn't transparent at all. 

In the sense that I'm a stakeholder in the club, both financially and emotionally, I'd prefer not be treated like a child. Give me true, costed, facts and figures and let me make my own mind up as to which direction we're headed.

That's the part that jumped out at me. They mention the anticipated increase in turnover (20 to 25%) but with no indication as to how this will be achieved.

Did the club do proper costings, or did they sit around the table and pull a figure out of their heads ? I presume they did worst, best and average case scenarios for turnover growth/decrease ? 

They talk about 'transparency' in their statement, but then it reads like a wish-list and to anyone with a modicum of business intelligence it isn't transparent at all. 

In the sense that I'm a stakeholder in the club, both financially and emotionally, I'd prefer not be treated like a child. Give me true, costed, facts and figures and let me make my own mind up as to which direction we're headed.

Since Derek McInnes has come in we have nearly doubled our turnover 7.85m to last season of 15.41m. I would expect with new TV deal that will add another couple of million so not that difficult to achieve 20% imho if we don't drop off

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

They already explained that a main reason for the move is to increase hospitality. That will be part of it. 

Probably get more for catering, as there will be options around. A bar will probably turn over a fair amount. 

Things like charging the unis or other sports clubs to use facilities. 

There are opportunities and it doesn't seem hugely unrealistic over a five year timeframe. 

But, business cases for investment are not dispassionate scientific studies, they are as optimistic as can be justified. Very few growth targets are ever met. 

The direction of travel is the important thing. 

and as he's been capped for Scotland and at Motherwell far longer it would cost more.
So no chance of us signing him basically.

Do they count those games in S.America when they capped ah kunt?

Hopefully Derby win their playoff final so we have a much better chance of keeping Lowe.

Can’t see us splashing out for Cadden tbh. I’m not 100% on how much we’d have to pay but I’d expect in the region of what we paid for May, if not more. 

I expected Ball would sign for us before McInnes heads off to Florida on holiday for 3-4 weeks. 

I'd say if it gets to Friday 7pm with no announcement he is off to pastures new

Edit to say same for Stewart and GMS.

... I expect Frank Ross will sign before everyone breaks up for holidays

Edited by d31

16 minutes ago, d31 said:

I expected Ball would sign for us before McInnes heads off to Florida on holiday for 3-4 weeks. 

I'd say if it gets to Friday 7pm with no announcement he is off to pastures new

Edit to say same for Stewart and GMS.

... I expect Frank Ross will sign before everyone breaks up for holidays

Ha absolutely no chance on Stewart or GMS.

Ball will sign I'd suspect and there will be a lot of online seethe.

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ha absolutely no chance on Stewart or GMS.

Ball will sign I'd suspect and there will be a lot of online seethe.

I agree on GMS and Stewart was just being complete with comment.

Almost certain Monday announcement will be as follows:

Lowe, Hoban, Ball, Wilson and Stewart have returned to their parent clubs.

Reynolds (Dundee Utd), Shinnie (Derby) and GMS (Free transfer) also move on.

Roscoe and Frank Ross new contract signings

11 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Evening Express doing a vote on best home kit of the last 40 years.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/vote-whats-favourite-aberdeen-fc-home-kit-from-the-last-40-years/

Reminds me how cheap and nasty those Nike/JustSport kits were, especially the 2008/09 one which rightly sits near the bottom.

You forget the weird trend towards the late 90s/early 2000s of ridiculously oversized football strips.  I thought 2000/01's strip billowing off the back of Kevin McNaughton like a cape would be bad enough, but the picture of Zerouali and the Dundee United guy from the following season was like two kids each wearing something that belonged to their Dad.