The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Hoban is a good player, but I think one injury-prone centre-back is enough, especially as McInnes likes a thin squad. 

I'm starting to become worried that Cosgrove hit a purple patch, but twenty goals is a fine return and he is only 22. I think the problem we have with Cosgrove is similar to Stockley - it becomes too easy for us to bypass the midfield and punt it long, even though Cosgrove isn't especially good at dealing with this. It has definitely contributed to making us hard on the eyes, even when it has been effective.I still don't think he is suited to being a lone striker in most situations, either.

The scotsman running with story that Main is a target .   they are usually  spot on with our signings . no fees going to be payed for players.

.  Out  contract  and loans  with  oviously the loans were the    quality   will  be coming.

But i reckon we will be offering decent wages so we might be able get some decent out of contract.  

Lot  good wages  also  been freed up with shinnie ,wilson ,mckay stevens , 

Middle of the park  and left back is where the  quality got come .  or centre half if Mckenna goes .

Ethan and Frank Ross  have both shown that they could maybe follow  Mclennan .  rather see them promoted than some dross we have brought in as squad fillers.

7 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Curtis Main would make absolutely no sense if we were keeping hold of Cosgrove. I could understand it as a "Plan C off the bench to shake things up, cheap as chips, third choice striker" kind of striker. 

But his season with Motherwell this year has shown that last season was the exception to the rule. He doesn't score. 

It would make sense . Cosgrove   best form was when May was running about like  a tasmanian devil .    Curtis  probably does that better and more mobile.

So possibly he is maybe looking at playing him like that.   Main is  not going to be played as a lone striker if he comes . 

8 hours ago, anotherchance said:

I thought we turned our noses up at Stockley too easily. He did ok for us (elbows aside), was more use than Rooney away from home, and we let him continue developing elsewhere - I wouldn’t like us to make the same mistake with Cosgrove.

This remains a bugbear of mine.

I remember him being unplayable in the Maribor home match - and setting up sitters that Rooney squandered, or making their keeper make a couple of great saves from headers.

Dons fans traditionally do not take very well to target men types - but I think Stockley also provided a goal threat, which was borne out with a £1M move to the Championship.

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Hoban is a good player, but I think one injury-prone centre-back is enough, especially as McInnes likes a thin squad. 

I'm starting to become worried that Cosgrove hit a purple patch, but twenty goals is a fine return and he is only 22. I think the problem we have with Cosgrove is similar to Stockley - it becomes too easy for us to bypass the midfield and punt it long, even though Cosgrove isn't especially good at dealing with this. It has definitely contributed to making us hard on the eyes, even when it has been effective.I still don't think he is suited to being a lone striker in most situations, either.

We're at our best when we utilise the wings and get the ball to Cosgrove in and around the box.

Occasionally he'll do something brilliant 30 yards from goal but it's not often enough to justify playing that type of football. Especially when the wide players are thirty odd yards away from him.

Edited by Merkland Red

9 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Is this a subtle 'sneak peek' at next year's strip or is it one of the training/old tops? Doesn't look like this year's kit at least.

I think they will announce the new top in Wednesday when they are doing a PR exercise. Wonder if they will announce a few new signings too. 

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I think they will announce the new top in Wednesday when they are doing a PR exercise. Wonder if they will announce a few new signings too. 

Ha didn't even notice that was a link to that event. Would make sense if it was an early look at the new strip then I guess?

It doesn't match any of the Adidas teamwear kits i've seen but I don't think this year's one is a proper template kit either.

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Ha didn't even notice that was a link to that event. Would make sense if it was an early look at the new strip then I guess?

It doesn't match any of the Adidas teamwear kits i've seen but I don't think this year's one is a proper template kit either.

Normally they wear the new kit at the last game of the season so expect the same this time.