The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Poor mans  Zander Diamond, oh and I’m totally thick and wee. 

Also Willie Miller is needing to get put in a home, senile old twat that proves that heading a ball is bad for you.

Poor show this.  Willie Miller is a shite radio pundit, and harbours a residual hatred for Killie due to us ending his football career in the 1990s - but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.  And the same goes for the tartan army twats parroting this nonsense about Alex McLeish.

On 08/04/2019 at 10:06, Dons_1988 said:

I think it's fair to say that our transfer record has become more patchy since we've had to basically rebuild the team every summer, which is understandable to a large degree. In the first few windows Derek was excellent at building on the core of the team he inherited. Initially Robson, Flood.  Then we had Logan and Rooney, Shinnie, Mclean and lewis.  We seemed to resolve all the significant issues in the team.  Yes there were duds along the way but they never lasted long, Zola, Wylde  etc were shipped on pretty quickly.

Since the 2017 SC final when we lost basically the core of the team, Mcinnes was chased by Sunderland and then we had a few weeks to pull a team together for Europe.

Tansey was never good enough.  In defence of Maynard, he was a back up option to May or Moult, had we signed May earlier in that window I very much doubt we'd have signed him. We've signed players that on paper should've been good enough.  I was pleased with Gleeson, May, Stewart, Wilson etc at the time of signing, all seemed good options.

We are maybe guilty of not digging deep enough into the character of some of these guys, Wilson in particular seems a total p***k, as he's clearly talented.

We've not had  the best few windows but I think it's a stretch to say I'm petrified of what's to come.

I'm not convinced that recruitment has got worse. Off the top of my head McInnes is successful with roughly 1/3 of signings. 

I would add Hoban and (effectively) Devlin to the good players signed in the summer (maybe not good signings though).

It was easier to recruit players that were better than the players they replaced when we had a worse squad. Eg I doubt O'connor would be a regular starter now. 

34 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Poor show this.  Willie Miller is a shite radio pundit, and harbours a residual hatred for Killie due to us ending his football career in the 1990s - but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.  And the same goes for the tartan army twats parroting this nonsense about Alex McLeish.

I'm sure I've read/heard interviews where he said he picked up the injury that ended his career playing for Scotland. 

33 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm not convinced that recruitment has got worse. Off the top of my head McInnes is successful with roughly 1/3 of signings. 

I would add Hoban and (effectively) Devlin to the good players signed in the summer (maybe not good signings though).

It was easier to recruit players that were better than the players they replaced when we had a worse squad. Eg I doubt O'connor would be a regular starter now. 

You are probably right if you look at all signings as one population.  He's never had great success with the squad players in my view (I'm thinking tate, Parker, Wylde, Monakana, Burns etc etc) but first two years he built on our first XI very well IMO. But it was always adding to an already strong team as opposed to overhauling it.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

I'm sure I've read/heard interviews where he said he picked up the injury that ended his career playing for Scotland. 

I meant his subsequent, and markedly less successful/more hilarious, management career.

39 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I meant his subsequent, and markedly less successful/more hilarious, management career.

Shocking final season no doubt but two second place finishes in the league prior to that Isn't that bad really.

Millers first season we played some fantastic attacking fitba,   runners up in every competition .    to the killie lad that is  something  you  Clarke and the Killie hordes  could only dream about .

Who gives a f**k if Miller is  a shit pundit    or was  a shit buisnessman .      He was a winner .   won it all and a fucking legend .     The  man did it all out on the pitch .   

and yet we have Boyd as some sort spokesman for scottish fitba .. oh me ye got laugh .  .  

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Millers first season we played some fantastic attacking fitba,   runners up in every competition .    to the killie lad that is  something  you  Clarke and the Killie hordes  could only dream about .

Who gives a f**k if Miller is  a shit pundit    or was  a shit buisnessman .      He was a winner .   won it all and a fucking legend .     The  man did it all out on the pitch .   

and yet we have Boyd as some sort spokesman for scottish fitba .. oh me ye got laugh .  .  

At least Boyd’s not a sex pest like that drearie old fart.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, Killiefan said:

At least Boyd’s not a sex pest like that drearie old fart.

A fine example of tangential off-shooting there.

What's your definition of a sex pest down Kilmarnock way ? Someone who rides a burd with a full set o' teeth ?

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Anyone know how long our Adidas deal still has to run? Noticed that the club is promoting a new range of kids clothes that isn't Adidas branded.

I'm probably reading too much into it but I'm sure the last updates was that we had signed a vague 'multi-year extension' and that was some time ago. 

Not that I'm fussed either way if we change as long as we don't go back to the kind of deal we had before which resulted in some of the dullest Nike strips imaginable.

Jesus guys, where's all this hatred of everything Aberdeen come from.

Always got on very well with typical Killie supporters.

On separate matter, Considine offered contract extension. In this day and age it's incredible to read he has already been with the club twenty years, man and boy.

Scottish Sun trying to suggest that there is interest in him from Stateside

22 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Anyone know how long our Adidas deal still has to run? Noticed that the club is promoting a new range of kids clothes that isn't Adidas branded.

I'm probably reading too much into it but I'm sure the last updates was that we had signed a vague 'multi-year extension' and that was some time ago. 

Not that I'm fussed either way if we change as long as we don't go back to the kind of deal we had before which resulted in some of the dullest Nike strips imaginable.

I think it's just the club maximising profits. They can only put an Aberdeen badge of bog standard Adidas gear otherwise and likely didn't order in more stock due to seasons end. There's been a big sale on all Adidas stuff in the club shop though so you may be on to something.