The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 3/31/2019 at 00:31, akredz said:

9 points out a possible 24 for Feb and March.

Must do better.

13 out of 30 since the Winter Break - the collapse is usually after the Split - and lowest total after 31 games since McInnes took over

2018/19     52

2017/18     59

2016/17     64

2015/16     65

2014/15     65

2013/14     59

The cup win at Ibrox and draw at Parkhead could be described as 'papering over'.

Deliver the cup and, of course, all will be forgiven...

22 hours ago, big al said:

A lot of sensible comments about Greg.

I would be over the moon if he tore it up and scored 10 plus goals since returning in January, but it just isn’t working. Cosgrove is not a good partner, as has been stated.He doesn’t have much movement or pace so no space created or runs made for Greg to find.

I know the ballon d’or song is a piss take but Cosgrove is still over rated IMHO.

The problem isn’t just Greg, although the fact he did so well at Killie and Dundee before kind of puts a greater focus on him. It’s the forward areas in general. Wilson, well he must have the best agent in football. Cosgrove doesn’t do a lot. May , not my cup of tea as I have stated previously. Can’t take a man on, no pace, no aerial threat and has hardly scored for a few years, wow what attributes for a forward. (Sorry Russell Anderson, I do get what you’re saying about workrate dropping deeper!)

If only Lewis Moult was in the price range/ had chosen the dons.

I'll fight anyone who slags my Stevie. 

May isn't the answer in the long term, but he is undoubtedly more suited to playing with Cosgrove than Stewart is.

If McInnes has decided that he wants to stick with Stewart until the end of the season, he should drop Cosgrove.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

I'll fight anyone who slags my Stevie. 

I know you like May, and he has ‘done a job for the team’ in certain games.

As I said, just not my cup of tea, so not slagging, just a preference. Surprised he didn’t come on on Saturday.

On 4/1/2019 at 00:10, NorthernLights said:

Greg Stewart seems to be the living definition of square peg in a round hole for us.

I imagine if he moved to Hearts or Rangers next he'd be a massive success given his track record of performing at "staunch" clubs.

Did well for Killie but we're a football club, don't see him doing much better at the orange club than he is currently doing at the 80's club.

He needs a manager who knows how and where to play him.

Yeah was a great signing for us at the time compared to some of the garbage defenders we'd had. Kept thinking he was older than he is as in the last couple of years it looked like either age or his injuries had caught up to him a bit.